Dunbarton Tobacco and Trust Mi Querida
From the DT&T website:
Mi Querida literally translates as “my dearest”, however it is a rather provocative word within Nicaragua used to expressly describe your secret mistress. While this may sound like an oxymoron, it is not. It is not uncommon in the culture for a man to have a mistress that is both known by and basically approved of by his wife, whereas the “Mi Querida” is the woman who neither his wife or mistress know about or would ever approve of. Cigar wise, it represents my personal maduro desires: a robust, extremely flavorful liga comprised of rich Nicaraguan leaf hand rolled in a 100% naturally fermented, heavy Broadleaf capa. Earthy and dense with a long teasing, slightly dirty finish, Mi Querida is delightfully lush and full bodied on the palate offering an extremely satisfying experience for the most passionate of cigar smokers.
US CT River Valley Broadleaf over NIcaraguan binder & filler; we are smoking the 5” x 52 “Ancho Corto”
- Our condolences to family and friends of Casa Fernández blender Arsenio Ramos, who passed away at age 83.
- Oliva is releasing a Cain Daytona in 7” x 70 format. If that’s not enough WTH for you…it’s going to the European market. Has the whole world gone T-U?
- Pete Johnson announced the “Unlucky 13” retailers who will be receiving this year’s limited run of Halloween series boxes. Presumably, unless you’re trying to ferret out the specially painted box, the cigars will be available in less-limited packaging nationwide….tune in to the show to find out which retailers will be receiving dress boxes.
- AJ Fernandez has an extension coming to the New World series – a Cameroon offering. The cigar will be available in 7(!) vitolas – Petit Lancero (5 x 38), Short Robusto (4 x 48), Corona (6 x 46), Robusto (5 1/2 x 54), Toro (6 x 50), Churchill (7 x 48), and Torpedo (6 1/2 x 52). It comes with a Cameroon wrapper over Nicaraguan insides, and will be priced between $5 and $7, depending on size. It should be launching this Fall.
What Else We’ve Been Smoking
- Tatuaje Caz – Last show cigar, again
- Monte #2
- Not much at all, as I’ve had little time and been mostly occupied by cigars you’ve all heard about recently……..