Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS | Upcoming Schedule
2015 Angel’s Anvil from Crowned Heads
Tonight we’re smoking the 2015 Angel’s Anvil from Crowned Heads – the second in this series of TAA-limited releases. The 2015 edition came in the form of a 6” x 52 toro (as opposed to the 2014 edition, which was 7.125” x 49, featured on Episode 152). It features an Ecuadoran Habano wrapper over Nicaraguan binder and fillers, and retailed for just over $10US at release. Total production was 20,000 cigars.
- Minute Musings and motivation….
- The FDA has made an initial response to the lawsuit filed by CRA, IPCPR, and TAA back in July… [ halfwheel article ]
- Donations to the troops is forbidden…but not for you personally. Tune in for our wrapup on what this all means, for manufacturers, retailers, and YOU.
- In what was a surprise move to me (Kip), Cigar Aficionado is reporting that Jose Blanco has joined EP Carrillo as Sr. Vice President….
- Edolara Cigars is no more…
What Else We’ve Been Smoking
- Ashton Aged Maduro Corona
- La Flor Colorado Oscuro
- The Mimic A & B
- Undercrown Shade
- RoMaCraft Aquitaine Anthropology – I’ve had a singular one of these staring at me from my humidor for months. I’ve abstained from smoking it, knowing I couldn’t easily get more. With a friend visiting the US this week, I took advantage of the opportunity to have some more brought down so I fired this one up. Like always, it didn’t disappoint….
- Camaleon Huevo de Oro – The Golden Egg. This is another of the newer companies putting out a cigar here in the DR. I don’t know if/when they will be available stateside. I enjoyed this one, but found it slightly out of balance with more potency than flavor….what this means is, it whipped me. Nice, slightly sweet profile overall – and while the strength wasn’t brash, it snuck up on me.