Welcome back for another fun-filled, exciting episode of Half Ashed. This week, we take a look at the 2002 Ramon Allones Petit Corona – one of Craig’s very favorite cigars. He says, “Since its discontinuation in 2002 the PC has remained a “special” cigar in my humidor. Its big brother the corona is viewed as one of the most saught after regular production cigars since the mid 90s. Both being made in small numbers, thus always maintaining the quality, both of these cigars are great. The PC is legendary.” Tune in to the show to get both our full thoughts on this episode’s examples.
- Oliva is making a machine-made cigar, to be released in various markets during the coming months.
- As first mentioned last week on Half Ashed when we hosted Terry Johnson of TL Johnson Cigars, the news is out that he is moving some of his operations to Miami – and is partnering with Luis Sanchez of La Tradicion Cubana for a joint venture cigar brand.
- Dona Flor has announced a special Limited Edition IPCPR release, as well as the fact that the Alonso Menendez line is now available in the US.
- Yet another 7”X70, this time from Drew Estate. They’re adding this to the MUWAT line, per Halfwheel.
- Xikar has divested itself of its HC & Defiance Cigar brands….selling them to CI effective July 1. CI has agreed to current price protections to existing retailers through September 30th.
- IPCPR starts a week from Saturday. We’ll be doing….something….during the show, depending on internet connections, travel times, etc.
- Well wishes and quick healing to Charlie Rutherford of Boveda, who had a terrible motorcycle accident last week. I know the guys behind Boveda personally, and all are good people.
- Finally, we held our giveaway for June’s prize packs of Michael Stewart’s home-blended, home-rolled cigars. Michael Thomas and Steve Dorau were selected by random.org, and will be receiving those prizes. Congrats, gentlemen!
We covered a good bit more during the show – various topics of interest this week, what we’ve been smoking, etc. Tune in to get the entire story on those items as well.
Be sure you all come back next week for Episode 023, when we will be attempting to put a show together while Kip is in Vegas for IPCPR. We will be featuring the upcoming Ezra Zion Eminence as our Cigar of the Week. That show will likely be recorded outside our normal Friday night timeframe due to travel/show scheduling. I will tweet/post the exact time and date once we finalize it. In the meantime, if you would like to contact us, you can reach us through the contact page or at the following email addresses: [email protected] or [email protected]y.com. Please feel free to drop us a line if you have any questions you’d like answered, comments to make…or even compliments and complaints! Also, remember you can always go back and listen to previous episodes, which can be found in the Half Ashed Archive. You can download this week’s audio directly below (right-click “Download” and save), or find us on iTunes to subscribe.
P.S. – If you have unbanded suggestions or contributions, you can get those to us by sending an email to [email protected] This email address goes directly to my wife, so you can simply suggest an unbanded cigar for her to source, or send me an email to [email protected] if you have something you’d like to send in. I will provide an address to send them. Thanks!