Show thoughts...

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Show thoughts...

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Hola, Moderators, et al... A couple of thoughts.

Often times, Kip and Craig will hold up a band or cigar for us to see a small, specific spot, often with mixed success. Is it me, or does it seem that if the item were simply held longer, or at least moved very slowly, about 6-8" from the camera that it work consistently better? Just asking... Maybe a "live experiment" before "live" recording would yield the necessary info.

I believe Craig mentioned this week that someone should put together all of Kip's "hillbilly-isms" from the shows. Be careful for what you ask. You never know when someone might pervert that idea to their own, less than angelic, preferences... not that I ever would (heh, heh...). Stay tuned!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Show thoughts...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 am

Longermay well work, Mike. I always struggle with the thought of dedicating that much time to something only a small fraction of our audience can benefit from. That being said, small viewership shouldn't prevent us from better content, but I thought you would appreciate the honesty in decision-making. I suppose if we get really good we could always talk over the camera trying to focus. Maybe that'll take 200 episodes though :)

EDIT: On second thought, I keep my video bandwidth usage down when broadcasting so as not to screw up my audio. I wonder if that removal of resources from the video effects its ability to process. That's probably not stated correctly. I don't really think I'm controlling the camera, rather just controlling how google processes/uploads the information. Either way, a better camera would probably help. I know I don't have an HD setup, nor likely the speed to handle it.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:06 pm

How about taking pictures (whole cigar, label only, wrapper imperfections, etc.) and then just doing a screen share when you discuss such matters?
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:33 pm

Stewmuse wrote:How about taking pictures (whole cigar, label only, wrapper imperfections, etc.) and then just doing a screen share when you discuss such matters?
You're giving way too much credit to the forethought put into this show....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Show thoughts...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Stewmuse wrote:How about taking pictures (whole cigar, label only, wrapper imperfections, etc.) and then just doing a screen share when you discuss such matters?
I run XP which will not work with the Hangout plugin to allow screen sharing. I'd actually already thought of that.

You've been Tapatalk'd

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:25 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
I run XP which will not work with the Hangout plugin to allow screen sharing. I'd actually already thought of that.

You've been Tapatalk'd
XP?????? you do realize there are newer operating systems ... seriously you might want to check into one of the microcenter stores near you. They have refurbished machines that are cheap and come with Win 7 that will be a free upgrade to windows 10 later this year.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:59 am

jledou wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:

You've been Tapatalk'd
XP?????? you do realize there are newer operating systems ... seriously you might want to check into one of the microcenter stores near you. They have refurbished machines that are cheap and come with Win 7 that will be a free upgrade to windows 10 later this year.
2001 was such a great year for me though. I'd like to hold onto it for as long as I can.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon May 04, 2015 10:15 am

Great time listening to the interview from last Friday. More importantly tho...
Attachments
vasectomy_cast_500.gif
vasectomy_cast_500.gif (52.42 KiB) Viewed 9587 times
vasectomy.png
vasectomy.png (50.93 KiB) Viewed 9587 times
Scrotarmor.jpg
Scrotarmor.jpg (63.48 KiB) Viewed 9587 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Mon May 04, 2015 4:42 pm

Stewmuse wrote:Great time listening to the interview from last Friday. More importantly tho...
I'd wear that armor...

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon May 11, 2015 9:16 am

I don't know what I just looked at. Armor...
Wow.