Half Ashed live?

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Re: Half Ashed live?

Post by 815DC » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Well I imagine Craig is probably taking care of his kids. I think his other half works in the medical field. That is likely taking the bulk of the mans time. I’m not an expert to be sure though.

Kip is in the Dominican were things like power and internet had been spotty BEFORE C-19 Chinas I love you to the free world hit it.

All that together and perhaps half ashed is another corona casualty?.. i mean it was on life support before things hit the fan- which isnt the best place to be in a pandemic. :(

That said there is nothing saying we couldn’t set up a video herf for ourselves in the near future...
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:13 pm

815DC wrote:Well I imagine Craig is probably taking care of his kids. I think his other half works in the medical field. That is likely taking the bulk of the mans time. I’m not an expert to be sure though.

Kip is in the Dominican were things like power and internet had been spotty BEFORE C-19 Chinas I love you to the free world hit it.

All that together and perhaps half ashed is another corona casualty?.. i mean it was on life support before things hit the fan- which isnt the best place to be in a pandemic. :(

That said there is nothing saying we couldn’t set up a video herf for ourselves in the near future...
I’m in for a video herd if anyone can set it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Google meet - replacing hangouts is coming available to everyone for free in the coming weeks (previously it was only g-suite accounts) so that is a possible conduit for herfing

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:38 pm

Microsoft Teams
office.com
A digital hub that brings conversations, content, assignments, and apps together in one place. Promote equity and student voice with collaborative classrooms, connect in professional learning communities, and communicate with staff - all from a single experience in Office 365 Education.

Nearpod
nearpod.com
An online presentation tool that lets you embed formative assessment, activities, and resources within your PowerPoint presentation. Our district pays for a premium account which offers a self-paced option and a plethora of premade lessons that are perfect for an eLearning lesson.

Padlet
jsmorton.padlet.org
An online bulletin board where you can embed videos/audio, website links, documents, formative assessments. Build your lesson on a Padlet page and add items to enhance a student's learning experience.

FlipGrid
flipgrid.com
Creating a meeting place/grid for your classroom, your school, your department or any learning community to discuss your Topics. Students are able to record and share short videos that can be customized with pictures, emojis, text, etc. Peers can then respond to those videos through similar means.
OneNote
office.com
A digital notebook/binder where you can add almost anything! Add links, documents, images, video, audio, etc. Build your lesson here just as you would build any document and embed items to enhance a student's learning experience.

Zoom
zoom.us
The leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Virtually meet with your students on an eLearning day.

EDPuzzle
edpuzzle.com
Allows students to watch and engage with videos while the teacher gathers data throughout the lesson. Create a video with embedded activities/questions that pause the video to check students' understanding.

Playposit
playposit.com
A video and assessment tool that lets teachers add interactive elements -- such as questions and pauses -- to streaming video content from popular sites such as YouTube and Vimeo, among a number of others. Create a video with embedded activities/questions that pause the video to check students' understanding

GoFormative
goformative.com
Take any document and embed content from anywhere and try interactive question types like Show Your Work (drawing), Drag and Drop, Audio Recording, Graphing, Essay, Math Typing, Resequence and much more. Upload a document that has your daily lesson/plan for your students and embed items on the document to enhance your students learning experience.

Parlay
parlayideas.com
A data-driven virtual class discussion tool that helps increase accountability, encourage reflection, and empower reliable feedback and assessment. Offers a library of ready-made discussion prompts that encourage higher-order thinking and connect learning to the events and ideas shaping our world.

Remind
remind.com
A private mobile messaging platform that aims to help teachers and students communicate.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:54 pm

I have been zoom-herfing with people, all over the place.
I am down.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon May 04, 2020 1:06 pm

I'm still alive and kicking. Just a bit irritable through daily power outages and basically not having running water in the house for the past couple months. We used to have water 2 days a week, then 1, and now it seems only whenever they get to feeling generous. Just ask Craig (or my family), I've gotten quite cynical and sardonic as of late.

A moment in time where I have electric, water, and internet concurrently doesn't seem to exist any more so recording a show has become increasingly tough to schedule. It never seems to work out that both Craig and I are able at the same time.

Nonetheless, it'll be all right in the end. I reckon I just need to work on my attitude and everything will come together. It always does.

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Tue May 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Hmmm I am seeing a pattern ... host a cigar podcast ... turn into curmudgeon ...

Good to hear you are still kicking Bob errrr I mean Kip :lol:

In all seriousness it is good to hear you are doing okay. Hopefully the world is on the climb out of this and things may not be normal tomorrow but can get back to a little better each week for you guys.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Wed May 06, 2020 11:39 am

Kip wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 1:06 pm
I'm still alive and kicking. Just a bit irritable through daily power outages and basically not having running water in the house for the past couple months. We used to have water 2 days a week, then 1, and now it seems only whenever they get to feeling generous. Just ask Craig (or my family), I've gotten quite cynical and sardonic as of late.

A moment in time where I have electric, water, and internet concurrently doesn't seem to exist any more so recording a show has become increasingly tough to schedule. It never seems to work out that both Craig and I are able at the same time.

Nonetheless, it'll be all right in the end. I reckon I just need to work on my attitude and everything will come together. It always does.
Having been there not too far in the past, I know that the water issues are a major drag, and that, by your own accounts, quality of life does seem to be diminishing in pleasantness for you. Always remember that no one is going to feel any less of you if you and Kristi decide that returning to the states is the wisest choice. You've done GREAT work there, man! Always pulling for you...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed May 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Even in the time since you were here, the water situation has worsened significantly. We're not even getting it reliably one day a week.

As for moving back, that's out of my hands. I have notions 9f the timing but it'll happen when it happens. When the work is done, or at least can be responsibly handed over we'll be heading out. We came here without a backup and have been working without a net ever since. I trust it'll work out.

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Wed May 06, 2020 11:54 pm

Kip wrote:Even in the time since you were here, the water situation has worsened significantly. We're not even getting it reliably one day a week.

As for moving back, that's out of my hands. I have notions 9f the timing but it'll happen when it happens. When the work is done, or at least can be responsibly handed over we'll be heading out. We came here without a backup and have been working without a net ever since. I trust it'll work out.

Well damn. And to think I curse first world problems, that certainly puts things into perspective. Good luck with it all Kip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk