Whats in your bowl?

Whatcha have? Whatcha know? Whatcha do?
akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Re: Whats in your bowl?

Post by akpreacher » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:46 pm

@smokinsteve so sorry to hear that bro! Definitely praying for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:28 pm

akpreacher wrote:@smokinsteve so sorry to hear that bro! Definitely praying for you!!

Thank you so much preacher! I need all the prayers I can get. This recovery is intense!

Smoke on!

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 am

smokinsteve wrote:
akpreacher wrote:@smokinsteve so sorry to hear that bro! Definitely praying for you!!

Thank you so much preacher! I need all the prayers I can get. This recovery is intense!

Keep us updated bro! Image

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:10 pm

C&D Black Frigate an a Nording Freehand

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm

On a whim, I bought a tin of Heritage while we were in TN this summer (I put it into this jar). It had a date of 2014 on it for those who care.

I'd never had it before, but I figured I'd risk it based on an affinity for quite a number of Cornell & Diehl blends. I knew the 'two friends' were Greg Pease and Craig Tarler (owner of C&D, now deceased; he was an absolute gem of a person, beloved by the community and everyone who ever met the man....the kind of guy you rarely encounter in life). They released this line long ago, and re-released it again years later.

Anyway, I have become entirely infatuated with this tobacco and don't know why. It's in the American tradition of a Virginia base, Burley and Cavendish in reasonable portion, and a topping of some kind. NOT the kind of blend of which I consider myself a fan. It has a savory character I've never found in a pipe tobacco. Never...and I've literally smoked well over 200 blends (seriously). It packs and burns beautifully. I can't nail down specific flavors from the topping, but it's done tastefully and with a light hand. I love it. I've smoked almost through the tin in a little over a week and am ruing the day it's gone until I get back stateside.

I don't get it. It's not my style. None the less, it's an amazing blend I'll be hitting it hard in the future, Lord willing. I can't get over that intangible, ephemeral savory character. I dig it. Image

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Kip wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm
On a whim, I bought a tin of Heritage while we were in TN this summer (I put it into this jar). It had a date of 2014 on it for those who care.

I'd never had it before, but I figured I'd risk it based on an affinity for quite a number of Cornell & Diehl blends. I knew the 'two friends' were Greg Pease and Craig Tarler (owner of C&D, now deceased; he was an absolute gem of a person, beloved by the community and everyone who ever met the man....the kind of guy you rarely encounter in life). They released this line long ago, and re-released it again years later.

Anyway, I have become entirely infatuated with this tobacco and don't know why. It's in the American tradition of a Virginia base, Burley and Cavendish in reasonable portion, and a topping of some kind. NOT the kind of blend of which I consider myself a fan. It has a savory character I've never found in a pipe tobacco. Never...and I've literally smoked well over 200 blends (seriously). It packs and burns beautifully. I can't nail down specific flavors from the topping, but it's done tastefully and with a light hand. I love it. I've smoked almost through the tin in a little over a week and am ruing the day it's gone until I get back stateside.

I don't get it. It's not my style. None the less, it's an amazing blend I'll be hitting it hard in the future, Lord willing. I can't get over that intangible, ephemeral savory character. I dig it. Image

Whoa. That's like a "buy Seabiscuit in the 3rd" type of tip!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm

I brought back a lb. of MacB Navy Flake from my old stash and just opened the box. That's what's in my bowl.... Image

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Kip wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm
I brought back a lb. of MacB Navy Flake from my old stash and just opened the box. That's what's in my bowl.... Image

I thought that "slab" was a textured tree cutting for rubbing out tobacco. I didn't realize it was flakes until I looked again. That's a shitton of Navy Flake!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Kip wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Also, I was at a client's house today in another part of chicagoland and stopped in an infamous old shop I had never been in before (Called "Cigary"). They had a decent amount of pipe tobacco but the interesting part was a whole bunch of Dunhill tins. These looked moderately new (not faded or dinged up) but they didn't say any other mfg besides Dunhill. Even on th eback it didn't say Petersen (I think that's who you said was distributing their stuff these days). 50g tins were $13. I should have taken a picture. Anyways, anyone looking, give em a call. They're in Wilmette Illinois, I believe.

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:21 pm