Cigar of the Day 2019

Whatever floats yer boat....as long as it's cigar related.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Cigar of the Day 2019

Post by Kip » Thu May 16, 2019 5:08 pm

We've been amidst an oppressive spate of heated days. Weather here follows a cycle of this kind of stretch which will *finally* break with a storm with enough rain to cool things down. Once this storm happens, we generally get some relief for a few days.

The rain just broke. I'm celebrating with an El Titan de Bronze Sungrown on the balcony with some Three Dog Night and Norah Jones, with a little Lumineers thrown in for good measure. I'm normally a bit of a metal head, but this just fits the afternoon. I dig it.

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 pm

Thanks @smokinsteve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Fri May 17, 2019 4:41 pm

The ingredients for a wonderful afternoon!

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Fri May 17, 2019 6:04 pm

First one wrapper prob, second (this one) wrapper prob. 2 out of the 3 remaining have a wrapper issue. But smoking one with the first-third wrapper intact? Great! A lot fuller than the Red; front-end spicy, woody retro, after palate is some floral. Image

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 pm

A little Morphine to take the edge off!

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 pm

C&A Liga V CT with a cup of EZ Java Privada between church services.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 am

akpreacher wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 8:44 pm

Ok, I gotta ask. What's your story, Preacher? You've got the hands of a worker. You smoke like a man of means and you now are mentioning multiple church services as if you truly are a minister. Are you secretly a Dos Equis spokesperson?
Also, cigar between church?? Nice...

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
akpreacher wrote:

Ok, I gotta ask. What's your story, Preacher? You've got the hands of a worker. You smoke like a man of means and you now are mentioning multiple church services as if you truly are a minister. Are you secretly a Dos Equis spokesperson?

Lol some interesting observations there! I work with my hands as much as possible, I believe there is no real excuse for not getting something done. Anything is achievable if you keep at it. Also I live in a very remote place where you can’t just call for help, you make it work and get the job done!

As far as smoking like a man of means, the easy answer is I live be two principles. 1. Give more than you get. 2. Don’t do it if it’s not worth doing. That translates to being as generous as I can in the cigar communities and people have then been generous with me. Also I don’t care to take the time to smoke something that is mediocre, time is precious don’t waste it on bad cigars.

Lol and yes I am an actual minister, I Pastor a church in Alaska and have three services a week as well as other prayer services and bible studies. Also manage our radio station, am the local Deputy Fire Chief, the Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce, and a commercial fisherman.

That’s the short version of my story!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon May 20, 2019 5:25 pm

akpreacher wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:
akpreacher wrote:

Lol some interesting observations there! I work with my hands as much as possible, I believe there is no real excuse for not getting something done. Anything is achievable if you keep at it. Also I live in a very remote place where you can’t just call for help, you make it work and get the job done!

As far as smoking like a man of means, the easy answer is I live be two principles. 1. Give more than you get. 2. Don’t do it if it’s not worth doing. That translates to being as generous as I can in the cigar communities and people have then been generous with me. Also I don’t care to take the time to smoke something that is mediocre, time is precious don’t waste it on bad cigars.

Lol and yes I am an actual minister, I Pastor a church in Alaska and have three services a week as well as other prayer services and bible studies. Also manage our radio station, am the local Deputy Fire Chief, the Vice President of the Chamber of Commerce, and a commercial fisherman.

Wow! Ya got my vote for that Dos Equis gig!

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Kip wrote:
akpreacher wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote: Ok, I gotta ask. What's your story, Preacher? You've got the hands of a worker. You smoke like a man of means and you now are mentioning multiple church services as if you truly are a minister. Are you secretly a Dos Equis spokesperson?

Wow! Ya got my vote for that Dos Equis gig!

Lol I’m not old enough to be interesting, one day maybe