Half Ashed live?

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Half Ashed live?

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Kip wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:06 pm
I haven't forgotten. It's just been a stupid crazy couple weeks. We added some new English classes, as well as began preparing for a major project we hope to launch early next year.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
A new project??!!!! I am intrigued!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm
Kip wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:06 pm
I haven't forgotten. It's just been a stupid crazy couple weeks. We added some new English classes, as well as began preparing for a major project we hope to launch early next year.

A new project??!!!! I am intrigued!
As am I yet he hasn't elaborated too much. I wonder if he's truly tired or if he's training the next round of Dominican Spies?

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:06 pm

“Dominica’s Got Talent,” methinks...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Stewmuse wrote:“Dominica’s Got Talent,” methinks...
I've never set foot in Dominica. That's an entirely different country....

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:59 am

Kip wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:09 pm
Stewmuse wrote:“Dominica’s Got Talent,” methinks...
I've never set foot in Dominica. That's an entirely different country....

Humph...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

I was listening to the most recent episode, 168 (La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor), and you guys did a very nice, impromptu "review" of a couple of my cigars. Muchas gracias!

You also talked a fair bit of the "general malaise" of the energy in the cigar world for consumers and, seemingly, producers and cigar stores. I really don't think this should be surprising, given the reasons you gave about all the releases that launched before the August deadline, as well as any "tiredness" from the ongoing (potential) law changes and restrictions. I think those, combined with better weather here in the states, all play a role. During the middle part of the year, there just isn't a LOT of reason to go to stores. It's nice enough outside to just smoke at our homes, and with internet prices so much more reasonable, why pay the extra for little gain? I don't mind, and even enjoy, going to stores to gather in the colder months, because I'm also paying for the venue - comfortable chairs, temperature, and comrades. The main store where my friends and I gather on a somewhat monthly basis is nice, but the cheapest, good cigars you'll find quickly run $10 each, and larger cigars are readily 50-100% more than that. I'm just not shocked by the "current conditions."
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm
I was listening to the most recent episode, 168 (La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor), and you guys did a very nice, impromptu "review" of a couple of my cigars. Muchas gracias!

You also talked a fair bit of the "general malaise" of the energy in the cigar world for consumers and, seemingly, producers and cigar stores. I really don't think this should be surprising, given the reasons you gave about all the releases that launched before the August deadline, as well as any "tiredness" from the ongoing (potential) law changes and restrictions. I think those, combined with better weather here in the states, all play a role. During the middle part of the year, there just isn't a LOT of reason to go to stores. It's nice enough outside to just smoke at our homes, and with internet prices so much more reasonable, why pay the extra for little gain? I don't mind, and even enjoy, going to stores to gather in the colder months, because I'm also paying for the venue - comfortable chairs, temperature, and comrades. The main store where my friends and I gather on a somewhat monthly basis is nice, but the cheapest, good cigars you'll find quickly run $10 each, and larger cigars are readily 50-100% more than that. I'm just not shocked by the "current conditions."
See "General Cigar Talk" for response.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:02 am

Catching up on episodes 165 and 166. Man I miss catching y'all live!! I hereby vow to make a more concerted effort to watch live. Scouts honor

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:34 pm

What happened to last night's (supposed) show??? :-( :( :-(
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:11 am

Stewmuse wrote:What happened to last night's (supposed) show??? :-( :( :-(
I was wondering the same, but wasn't surprised when Craig forgot about the show again. (HEHE, starting chit)