Alright Alright Alright...

Let us know who you are...what brought you here...what you like to smoke...and what you like to do when you're not smoking
Vancouverdave
Petit Robusto

Alright Alright Alright...

Post by Vancouverdave » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 pm

Hey guys!
Im in the PNW...Vancouver USA...Washington State.

I am a new convert to the leaf! Ive smoked cigars in years past...back then I guess I was uninformed and probably not really interested in going deep, as far as cigars, the hobby, the lifestyle and the history.
Today its different...maybe because im older in a different season in life? Not sure. But on a cruise this Summer a friend shared a cigar with me... and he pointed out just one of the possible objectives of smoking a cigar....slowing down...taking in the moment...the conversation or contemplation...experiencing the smoke.
Whoa!
This has sent me into fury!!!!! I cannot consume enough information!!! Reading...talking about it...watching everything I can...Im all over the place whoring every premium cigar I can get my mouth on!!! Joking aside...
I have fallen for this...I have been bingeing on the podcast and im learning so much... and enjoying every minute! Thanks guys for what you do...and for having me.
I'll be around.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Alright Alright Alright...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:52 am

Oh, man. You're soooooooo screwed :)

I was thinking about my own love for cigars recently and how it has suffered a bit. I feel like the guy who works out feverishly and then hits a plateau. I'm still in love with this lifestyle but I've done all the "exercises" and consume what I should consume, but I'm not seeing results. I'm no expert (hold back your laughter, please) but I'm looking for that next step or echelon that helps me regain that fever you're experiencing. I know the sizes, I know the manufacturers, I know my palate but still want to be in the phase when I'm figuring it out. Vancouverdave, savor this! When it passes you'll be left wishing for more to consume. Cigars are the greatest hobby & lifestyle I've ever come across and we're all blessed to have realized that. Hold on to this time when everything is at your fingertips. You're in for quite a ride!

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:59 am

This is the best time for information and learning capabilities with cigars, ever. On the flip side, it is also the worst time to start trying to buy stuff with all the new taxes and regulations.
I remember when I finally got "into it" in 2009 full out. I found DogWatch and it exploded from there. Makes me smile to think of the friendly faces I have hung around with and enjoyed cigars with. It isn't just about smoking, it really is a lifestyle.
Enjoy the hunt. Enjoy the new experiences. Enjoy each cigar.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am

Bravo Zed.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 pm

Welcome aboard, Dave. You'll find some kindred spirits here!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm

Craig's the spirit guy. Rum, in particular.

His Spirit Animal is the Rhum Rabbit.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Kip wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm
Craig's the spirit guy. Rum, in particular.

His Spirit Animal is the Rhum Rabbit.

You must be bored tonight...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Just very tired from teaching and changing the brake pads on the truck....and no power. Which means no fans. It's mother flipping hot.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:44 pm

So, yeah, I'm a bit irritated as well.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:05 pm

Vancouverdave wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 pm
Hey guys!
Im in the PNW...Vancouver USA...Washington State.

I am a new convert to the leaf! Ive smoked cigars in years past...back then I guess I was uninformed and probably not really interested in going deep, as far as cigars, the hobby, the lifestyle and the history.
Today its different...maybe because im older in a different season in life? Not sure. But on a cruise this Summer a friend shared a cigar with me... and he pointed out just one of the possible objectives of smoking a cigar....slowing down...taking in the moment...the conversation or contemplation...experiencing the smoke.
Whoa!
This has sent me into fury!!!!! I cannot consume enough information!!! Reading...talking about it...watching everything I can...Im all over the place whoring every premium cigar I can get my mouth on!!! Joking aside...
I have fallen for this...I have been bingeing on the podcast and im learning so much... and enjoying every minute! Thanks guys for what you do...and for having me.
I'll be around.
Would love to hear more from you, VanDave! I'm not sure if you were on our livestream this Sunday but I talked a lot about wishing for more of the passion you're experiencing. I'm not feeling a personal lack but rather an overall industry lack (including consumers). Bring on the stories, the enjoyments and the wants. It's intoxicating to read!!