Atlantic Cigar breach?

Got the scoop on a hot new story? New line? Other cool stuff? New legislation in your area?Post it here....
815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Atlantic Cigar breach?

Post by 815DC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:30 pm

Hey fellow BOTL it is I DC,
I must admit to some concern today as I received a letter in the mail from what certainly appears to be Atlantic Cigars' processing center stating a notice of a Data Breach. (3-17-17) The letter went on about a free basic identity theft sub to AllClear ID, but I already pay lifelock for their basic service. Anyone else do business with Atlantic and get this or hear anything about it?
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

TomD
Tatuaje. Black.

Re: Atlantic Cigar breach?

Post by TomD » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

I got the same letter. Ive also seen it posted on another forum. Appears to be a real breach. It was discovered in Nov, and I personally have not had any fraud, so maybe it won't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:04 pm

Same letter. Have LifeLock, too. Don't think I'll be buying from there until I get the "all-clear" from them.

Sucks cause they have a great selection at really good prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 pm

f.sinagra wrote:Same letter. Have LifeLock, too. Don't think I'll be buying from there until I get the "all-clear" from them.

Yea I literally just placed an order with them a few days ago and now this. Wish I had a real tobacconist and I would just use cash. :|

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:58 pm

815DC wrote:
f.sinagra wrote:Same letter. Have LifeLock, too. Don't think I'll be buying from there until I get the "all-clear" from them.

Yea I literally just placed an order with them a few days ago and now this. Wish I had a real tobacconist and I would just use cash. :|
Have a couple of tobacconists here in the 5 boroughs that I wish I could support, but those taxes...I just can't justify it. I'll buy a stick here or there, but my big purchases are done online. Painful, but true.

Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:59 pm

f.sinagra wrote:
815DC wrote:

Have a couple of tobacconists here in the 5 boroughs that I wish I could support, but those taxes...I just can't justify it. I'll buy a stick here or there, but my big purchases are done online. Painful, but true.

yeah here I have either:
A the local liquer store which keeps Padrons and Punch's a shelf above the ACID cigars in their glass front cabinet.

B the old cigar store which is actually a front for ...friendly wagering and will sell you a cigar kept with no humidity regulation (ok in the middle of summer- not so much the rest of the year). Plus there is that pesky concern of worrying the cops are gonna raid the place when your there haggling over a Quorum Toro

C a classy place called tobacco and beer where one can get lost in the glass pipes, poor lighting, and the best of Bollywood playing.

Oh! and D- Another "tobacco store" about 20-30 min out where they do have a walk in humidor- with literally a home humidifier in it. Same Bollywood jams, same shady pricing, same array of 'glassware', same setup of ACIDs snuggling next to regular sticks. That and what seems to be a Gosh Darn Shrine to friggin Rocky Patel Sticks! I swear these guys see the name Patel and are like "dat is what I will sell". The guy's stuff is flippin everywhere he has almost half to 1/4 of a wall section.

Thus online it is and the risks therefore involved.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 am

TomD wrote:I got the same letter. Ive also seen it posted on another forum. Appears to be a real breach. It was discovered in Nov, and I personally have not had any fraud, so maybe it won't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

OK so I just got done cancelling my credit cards as fraudulent charges were made in bulk yesterday and this morning. I strongly advise anyone who got the databreach letter to cancel their cards and start a new one. Or at the very least be watching like a hawk.
Good luck fellows!
Now on to the bank to continue to sort this mess out.
DC