Advance Notice Of The Cigar Of The Week

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
The Banker
Churchill

Re: Advance Notice Of The Cigar Of The Week

Post by The Banker » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 am

jledou wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:59 pm
In all honesty we might think about scheduling a hangout each month to go along with a show each month. Crowds on the hangout can come and go as available but those were some good nights in the Dogwatch days.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

This sounds like a great idea.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:43 pm

Ah, so a herf while we're recording so you can have the best of both worlds. A fun live experience and a podcast to download to boot. Kip and I can join after. Makes sense.

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Thinking more of a group here on the off recording nights that you and/or Kip can join if you are available.
kurtdesign1 wrote:Ah, so a herf while we're recording so you can have the best of both worlds. A fun live experience and a podcast to download to boot. Kip and I can join after. Makes sense.
Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:33 am

I've been almost entirely tied up and out of the loop this week so I'm just now reading this. Tonight or tomorrow I'll create a private forum that's restricted to those directly involved (hidden from the rest of the world). We can conduct plans for this and any other not-for-public-consumption business there and do things like share email addresses, without fear of them being scraped by spammers (because you have to know emails to invite others to a hangout). Everyone who wants in, just tell me and I'll add you to the group for that forum.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm

Kip wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:33 am
I've been almost entirely tied up and out of the loop this week so I'm just now reading this. Tonight or tomorrow I'll create a private forum that's restricted to those directly involved (hidden from the rest of the world). We can conduct plans for this and any other not-for-public-consumption business there and do things like share email addresses, without fear of them being scraped by spammers (because you have to know emails to invite others to a hangout). Everyone who wants in, just tell me and I'll add you to the group for that forum.

That would be awesome. BTW, how will we access live broadcasts of the show? The links that were on the old site are no longer available.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:21 pm

I created a forum called "Members Only", nested under the "Show Questions & Recommendations" forum. It is hidden from search engines, guests, and even users without explicit permissions. As of right now, I've only added the folks involved in this thread. I can add more for any regulars who would like to be involved.

** I have done everything possible to secure the privacy of this forum, and it should be completely hidden, encrypted, and secure with our SSL.....however, don't go posting your bank account numbers, etc. Use some common sense knowing that anything electronic can go T-U real quick. **

Here are who I've added thus far:

815DC
jledou
Stewmuse
The Banker
Zedman05
(and me, Craig)

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:23 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm
That would be awesome. BTW, how will we access live broadcasts of the show? The links that were on the old site are no longer available.
Which links do you mean? I just opened the "Half Ashed LIVE" links in the menu and they worked for me. I tried it as myself, and a non logged-in user (public) and via anonymous guest. They all worked on my end just like always. Also, I think most everyone is using the YouTube page when we're recording anyway to access the chat.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 pm

Kip wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:23 pm
Stewmuse wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:20 pm
Which links do you mean? I just opened the "Half Ashed LIVE" links in the menu and they worked for me. I tried it as myself, and a non logged-in user (public) and via anonymous guest. They all worked on my end just like always. Also, I think most everyone is using the YouTube page when we're recording anyway to access the chat.
That is specifically the one that’s missing. At least, it’s no longer there for my iPhone.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:09 pm

This is what now scrolls down...
Attachments
B252B2CC-94FE-48E2-AFCF-AFE9AAFB08E1.png
B252B2CC-94FE-48E2-AFCF-AFE9AAFB08E1.png (136.6 KiB) Viewed 10557 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:21 pm

I don't think that link was ever there for small format mobile devices (i.e. phones). They use a different menu than a desktop based on screen resolution, and the LIVE page wasn't made to display correctly on them. I can add the link to that menu, though. It just may look goofy on a phone.