Show guests?

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Show guests?

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:43 am

I was relistening this AM to show number 3(!) with Bob and Dale. Any scheduled reunions on tap?

Or, more generally, guests in general? You've had a few, but none in quite some time unless they were filling in for one of you. Is this a decision based on your preferences? Scheduling problems? It's nice to hear different voices and opinions occasonally, esp when you have someone who can bring an "expert view" to a topic. One of my favorite and most informative shows was with Frank Herrara. Perhaps someone local to Kip that can talk about tobacco farming or production. Perhaps someone who can talk about modern marketing or changes due to the continuing implementation of the FDA ruling.

Just thinking....
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Show guests?

Post by IWinchester » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:10 pm

The curmudgeon and Dale are long overdue!

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:26 pm

Or, heck, perhaps interview someone who has recently gone through the trials of opening their own cigar-related business.

If only there was someone we knew... (look up here ^^^^^^^^^^^^)
Last edited by Stewmuse on Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:03 pm

I like guests. I even enjoy having them on the show. Kip and I had a whole thing outlined (schematically) for last year but it kind of fell apart with some factory & management changes down there. To be honest, we've just not made the hard push to bring others on. We've discussed B&D for some time but not too much recently. There's no real reason we can't bring someone on, we'll just have to figure out whom.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:25 pm

We're in need of a reboot in general. Our laid back attitude has gotten a bit dissonant to the show....maybe the mañana culture has sank into my brain.

Maybe we should iron out a good schedule that reaches out a few months and can get folks lined up. With our willy nilly recent scheduling it'd be hard to firm up dates with guests.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....