Rare & Vintage cigars

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Rare & Vintage cigars

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:59 am

Do you guys like when we feature or discuss rare or vintage cigars? I was considering lighting up something "fun" for an upcoming show and then realized that I've never really gotten positive feedback about doing so. What are your thoughts? Some of the stuff I've talked about in the past is once-in-a-lifetime level stuff and I recognize that can be offputting for a number of reasons. Does it strike that cord with my loyal core of listeners or nay?

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Re: Rare & Vintage cigars

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:32 pm

I like hearing about transitions over the years. Whether it be something super rare or a $2 cigar, it interests me as a cigar enthusiast. I understand where someone might think it is pointless as 99.999 % of the population will never try that cigar, but I personally believe that diversity is a good thing.
Talking about cigars that I don't smoke isn't boring to me, it is just opinions and knowledge that might have a relevance some day; cheaper or expensive, rare or massmarketed.

Cigar F^iend

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:12 pm

Agree^^
I'll add that there's such a great mix of common/inexpensive cigars to the one-offs and hard-to-get smokes that it doesn't bother me in the least. Those vintage sticks segments are some of my favorites because it holds me back from digging into my aging humidor too often

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:07 pm

I like listening to cigar talk no matter what you are smoking. As long as it's a premium hand made stogie, I'll listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smoke on!

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:49 am

Someone would be annoyed with you if you smoked a Fuente 858 so why not have some fun. Just don't sound like a jerk while you are talking about it and .... oh wait :lol: :lol:

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:40 pm

jledou wrote:Someone would be annoyed with you if you smoked a Fuente 858 so why not have some fun. Just don't sound like a jerk while you are talking about it and .... oh wait :lol: :lol:
bite me :)