Cigar of the Week Suggestions

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Cigar of the Week Suggestions

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:57 pm

Howdy All-
Kip and I have had quite the run of sharing our personal "fav's" for the past two years and the time has come to start expanding the horizons a bit. I want to start a post where anyone can suggest a future CotW for consideration. You have no responsibility to source it, provide it, buy it, etc. Just post up your thoughts on what you think would be a good one for us to review and we'll give it some consideration. Also, if anyone would like, we can make this a little FYI of what we've already got in the pipeline. We usually plan out 8-10 months worth and for those curious, I've got no problem letting the cat out of the bag a little early.
Share your thoughts!

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Re: Cigar of the Week Suggestions

Post by Zedman05 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:56 pm

Top of my list for everyone to try: Tatuaje Havana Cazador. I love these cigars, and they fly under the radar for most people.
Second on the must try list would be the H Upmann Connie A. Best new release by far from Habanos. If need be, I know a way to find some laying on doorsteps....

Cigar F^iend

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:52 pm

How about either some specific examples or even a collective talk on the cigars that have been rebranded this past year (or are having that done currently)? The Camacho Ecuador comes readily to mind...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:24 am

Both are interesting examples. I've not had the new Connie A, nor the Ecuador. Maybe we can arrange somethign after Kipper and I chat a bit.

Others?!

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Or local rolls similar to Michael's stuff? Or small U.S. manufactures like the New Orleans cigar co. I'd say the Montana Sport cigars should go on the show, but I don't want to embarrass my home state...they do have a cool history though if you're on the internet and bored one day

Kid Corona

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:55 pm

I have some New Orlenas Cigar Factory Coronas left from my visit in 2005. Still have the old bands. I would not recommend these as a cotw though

Cigar F^iend

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:35 pm

I just had a corona from there that was very tasty. But, that was more of an example than saying we should do cigars from there.

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:42 am

I'm a supporter of smoking HTF stuff. That doesn't ONLY mean rare or difficult to find specialties, rather the brands you guys have mentioned could be perfect examples. To me it is a way to allow others to experience sticks they otherwise may not have come across.
In full disclosure, I recognize the fact that many other people think the opposite. I've been told that some listeners have no desire to hear about cigars they don't have access to because, well, they don't have access to them. I get it but don't necessarily line up with the train of thought. I believe Kip is more in this camp.
(weirdo)

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:58 pm

I am all about smoking good cigars, no matter if they are limited or not....but having them as a cigar of the week might get into that same "we can't get your cigar, so why are we listening to you guys" arguement.

Cigar F^iend

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:03 pm

What about the Padron 45th vs. One you guys think virals that in said Family line ? It might be a bit expensive, but just throwing it out there.
Romacraft Cromag/Aquataine/Intemperance review ?
EP Carrilo Cardinal Maduro
J Fuego Sangre de Toro
Anything Cuban. It would be nice to hear both of you guys talk about what you think of for aging potential on newer stuff since Craig is experienced and Kip isn't with CC's.

Cigar F^iend