Cigar of the Week Suggestions

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Cigar of the Week Suggestions

Post by IWinchester » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 pm

Zedman05 wrote:I am all about smoking good cigars, no matter if they are limited or not....but having them as a cigar of the week might get into that same "we can't get your cigar, so why are we listening to you guys" arguement.

Cigar F^iend
This is true

Kid Corona

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:59 pm

Zedman05 wrote:What about the Padron 45th vs. One you guys think virals that in said Family line ? It might be a bit expensive, but just throwing it out there.
Romacraft Cromag/Aquataine/Intemperance review ?
EP Carrilo Cardinal Maduro
J Fuego Sangre de Toro
Anything Cuban. It would be nice to hear both of you guys talk about what you think of for aging potential on newer stuff since Craig is experienced and Kip isn't with CC's.

Cigar F^iend
And this. Especially the part about Cubans. Also how about c.l.e. ? That Maduro from them is awesome in the rothchildes size

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:02 pm

I hear you guys about the HTF stuff. It makes sense, I just think I'm in the minority of that discussion. Along those same lines, aren't Cubans the same thing? Most guys, even with access, aren't buying boxes of illegal cigars they've never had before. We do the occasional Cuban but I worry it could alienate certain segments of our audience. Tell me more about the aging discussion you guys are interested in.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:15 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:I hear you guys about the HTF stuff. It makes sense, I just think I'm in the minority of that discussion. Along those same lines, aren't Cubans the same thing? Most guys, even with access, aren't buying boxes of illegal cigars they've never had before. We do the occasional Cuban but I worry it could alienate certain segments of our audience. Tell me more about the aging discussion you guys are interested in.
I think the point of doing Cubans is so that people can get an idea of WHAT they can dive into, instead of having no clue and being frustrated.

As far as the aging potential discussion; possibly Craig could talk about what he sees in aging potential on the COTW, and referance that with what someone who is newer to Cubans might be picking up as aging potential. Craig might say that it has lots of potential, and Kip would respond with "how do you know" ? This would be a great time to bring up experiences with a certain marka showing the same signs when young that later turns out fantastic.
Maybe a wrapper grading makes a difference, as we have seen there is massive wrapper variations among the same brands/vitolas. Maybe a certain date code is preffered. Maybe a certain size in certain markas is preffered.
I have a few ideas, but work must get done. Will return to check in later Image

Cigar F^iend

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 pm

In all honesty, you guys could do anything short of prime times and backwoods an I would still watch. I also like Zed's idea :)

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm

IWinchester wrote:In all honesty, you guys could do anything short of prime times and backwoods an I would still watch. I also like Zed's idea :)

Kid Corona
Good! Next week is Philly Blunt vitola

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:00 pm

...and I'm outta here! Lol

Kid Corona

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:06 pm

I would love to see the J. Fuego Connoisseur in the originals be a show cigar. Not only is it good, it also is more of a new-ish release from him. (yeah i know it actually has been around for awhile now, but I think it is still the most modern release in the originals size)

I also would recommend doing some more old school/classic cigars that have been around forever and people may often forget about like:

Punch- London Club or After Dinner size
Henry Clay (Dominican)- Brevas ala Conserva size
Padron- 2000 size
San Cristobal- Clasico (robusto)

Just some classics that still do the job that come to mind.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:58 pm

815DC wrote:I would love to see the J. Fuego Connoisseur in the originals be a show cigar. Not only is it good, it also is more of a new-ish release from him. (yeah i know it actually has been around for awhile now, but I think it is still the most modern release in the originals size)

I also would recommend doing some more old school/classic cigars that have been around forever and people may often forget about like:

Punch- London Club or After Dinner size
Henry Clay (Dominican)- Brevas ala Conserva size
Padron- 2000 size
San Cristobal- Clasico (robusto)

Just some classics that still do the job that come to mind.
This is a great idea. Classics are classics because they're tested

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:22 pm

^^^agree wholeheartedly.

Kid Corona