Giveaways?

Ask us about or recommend show cigars, guests, segments, topics, stupid things we've said, etc. You can even just tell us we suck here...
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Giveaways?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:46 am

There are plenty of giveaways we do that ARE NOT centered around the live broadcast. For example, our last went out a week later than anticipated because we were waiting for additional entries from listeners.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:38 am

I've been considering dropping a random "surprise" giveaway unannounced into the recorded version for those who download....and you'd never know it without listening to the whole show :twisted:
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:13 am

Like that idea!

Coop
Payaso Cigarro

Post by Coop » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:06 pm

Kip wrote:I've been considering dropping a random "surprise" giveaway unannounced into the recorded version for those who download....and you'd never know it without listening to the whole show :twisted:

Sneaky sneaky!!!

Chubno
Man o' Many Talents

Post by Chubno » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Kip wrote:I've been considering dropping a random "surprise" giveaway unannounced into the recorded version for those who download....and you'd never know it without listening to the whole show :twisted:
. Nice, sometimes I don't listen to the recording because I listen live. I will need to double dip.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:25 am

I usually listen live to about 3/4 of the shows. But I always download em again cuz the chat room is usually pretty active. And sometimes my son falls out of bed an I have to put him back in :)

RockPaperScissors
Petit Robusto

Post by RockPaperScissors » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:57 pm

For me, making the show live and being in the chat room means getting up at 5 am on my day off, so it doesn't always happen that I can get in on a live 'real time' giveaway. Besides that, those "5 contestants" are just way more cigar geek than I am anyway, and they always the answer the obscure giveaway question long before I even understand the question, especially DC & Andex.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 am

I never answer because I almost feel guilty and want others to get a chance to win. Not saying that I win a lot, or even ever, just that I am thinking to myself that others should get a chance without me muddling up the waters.
My other reason is that I have enough cigars to satisfy myself and therefore would rather let someone who hasn't had the giveaway cigar to get a chance, or maybe someone else could generally just use more cigars.
I am trying to make this as unpretentious as possible, but it is just one of those subjects..

Cigar F^iend