Back In The Saddle

Let us know who you are...what brought you here...what you like to smoke...and what you like to do when you're not smoking
The Banker
Churchill

Back In The Saddle

Post by The Banker » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Hello All! Checking in from the SW VA/NE TN area. I started smoking cigars when I turned 18 and enjoyed them for about a year before I realized my wallet didn't match my taste. I smoked cigarettes for the next 15 years before i quit this past December. The no nicotine wasnt a problem but I missed sitting on my deck having something to do while I watched the world go by. I decided to get back in the cigar game to solve that problem and I haven't looked back.

At this point I can afford what i enjoy and have really been into the Montecristo Classic and White since I started back. I enjoy the more mellow smokes but I also enjoy a good oily nub. I typically enjoy a stick Friday night's and Sunday afternoon.

I randomly discovered this podcast on Stitcher about 2 weeks ago and I have been hooked since. Ive been consuming about 3 episodes a day and have learned a lot. I'm happy to be a member of the community and look forward to the journey ahead.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Back In The Saddle

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:10 am

Welcome, aboard! This is a pretty low-intensity place, so feel free to jump in,express yourself, and share your cigar stories and pics!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:03 pm

Welcome to our little neck of the woods. We're not the busiest forum, but we have fun none the less.

The whole premise of the show is that Craig and I do it out of our own pocket because we like it...which is great for having the freedom to say any cigar we smoke is utter garbage because we're not beholden to any sponsors, etc. However, it also means we tend to pretty easily let ourselves screw around with scheduling and miss a show sometimes....it's kinda our schtick. We have been known to half-ass a thing or two. But, it's all in the Half Ashed name so everyone knows going in :D
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:48 am

The good Kipper speakith the truth. Welcome and enjoy what's here to be read. I *love* a deep dive into anything cigar related so feel free to be as challenging or tempered with your queries.