I'm back

Let us know who you are...what brought you here...what you like to smoke...and what you like to do when you're not smoking
smokinsteve
The Generous

I'm back

Post by smokinsteve » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:35 pm

Hello again. I must have gotten booted in the migration, so I will re introduce my self.

My name is Steve. I live in a suburb of Houston TX. I recently got back into cigars about six to eight months ago after a three and half year hiatus. I stumbled upon Dog Watch Cigar Radio about six months ago while searching for cigar related pod casts. I was instantly hooked. I've spent the last six months listening to the archived shows on my long drives for work. I was sad when I learned that the show was discontinued. I am very happy that I have found your show Craig and Kip. I am a big fan of what you guys are doing here on Half Ashed. I am currently catching up on previous episodes and I look foreword to catching a live herf one of these weeks. I love smoking a good cigar. I also enjoy sharing this passion and hobby with others.

Smoke on!

Steve (smokinsteve)
Smoke on!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: I'm back

Post by Kip » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:23 am

Welcome! Again! Sorry about that. I think you joined after the cutoff when they'd already grabbed a backup of the forum DB to be moved. Anyway, I'm glad you came back, and thanks for the kind words.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 am

Agree with Kip! We're happy to see you here.
Might i ask, why the hiatus and subsequent reemergence into the world of cigars?

smokinsteve
The Generous

Post by smokinsteve » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks guys! Glad to be here.

Its kind of a long story Craig. I will give you the short version. Prior to my three and half year hiatus I was more of a chew dipper than a cigar smoker. I enjoyed cigars, just not very often. So I decided to quit all tobacco product for a time. I joined a support group that advocated complete abstinence from nicotine. While I was able to stop using chew or dip, I was not able to enjoy cigars while being part of that group. So, after around three and half years, I got tired of not being able to enjoy a cigar and I left the support group. I have since become way more passionate and obsessed with cigars than I ever was. I hope that is an adequate answer to your question Craig.

Smoke on!

Steve
Smoke on!

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:10 pm

Sounds good to me! If ya ever need help sticking to just cigars, pop by here and we'll try to help!

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:43 pm

That's the very best reason! A man with conviction, I like it!

You've been Tapatalk'd