Self Introduction

Let us know who you are...what brought you here...what you like to smoke...and what you like to do when you're not smoking
RockPaperScissors
Petit Robusto

Self Introduction

Post by RockPaperScissors » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:29 am

Hey All,

I'm Don.

Been enjoying premium cigars for 30 years off & on. I really got seriously Geeky about it all by listening to Bob and Dale doing the DogWatch Podcasts. When they retired the DogWatch podcast, I drifted over to Half Ashed.

My work, as a lower level diplomat in the U.S. Foreign Service, has taken me all over the world. I'm currently serving in Muscat Oman. Alas, I don't have a posh Man Cave with air conditioning, wall sized flat screen TVs with leather chairs and full service wet bar. But I do have a plastic resin stack chair and a Stinky cigar ashtray situated on the "Man Patio" where I enjoy listening to cigar Podcasts , mostly Half Ashed and sparking up a cigar from the Coolidor.

I had the pleasure to meet both Kip and Craig at the July 2012 DogWatch Herf, I can attest that these two gentlemen are seriously into Cigar-ology. Although I have to admit I get a bit squeamish and find it slightly disturbing when Craig cuts open a cigar just to see what makes it tick. What did that cigar ever do to you anyway, that you gotta go and cut it all open like that?...

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Self Introduction

Post by Kip » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:40 am

Welcome, el-don-er-eno!
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:11 pm

A hearty good welcome to one of the genuinely great people I've had the pleasure to meet!

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:17 pm

Nice to meet ya!

Kid Corona

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:11 pm

Well... Probably won't say anything that's not already known, but...
Been listening to HA since it started, having caught only the very tail-end if DogWatch's run. Like the fact that the show is NOT completely cigar-centered and I probably like the rat holes more than the actual cigar talk. Not always, of course, otherwise I'd just watch "The View." Well, maybe not.
Cigars and I have been hanging out together for a decade or so, and I took things a bit farther in early 2011, when I started rolling my own sticks. And then sushi. In neither field am I always successful, but it's most always an enjoyable ride.

Hope to keep ridin' with Chip and Greg and all ladies in the chat room for quite awhile longer. Carpe Cigar!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Chubno
Man o' Many Talents

Post by Chubno » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Welcome