Maintenance

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Maintenance

Post by Kip » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Latest word from Tapatalk's support forum:

Because phpBB is one of the top forum system we support; secondly, because it is “so new” – I would expect updates to include extra functionality very, very soon. I know the engineering team are working closely with phpBB developers as we speak to ensure the plugin is “brought up to speed” and matches the same as the others with regard to functionality ASAP.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Quikstryke
Capitán Impresionante

Post by Quikstryke » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:11 am

Awesome

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:49 am

OK..got the "Unread posts" link showing back up in the menu bar of every page for all the folks who don't use Tapatalk. It's still under the "Quick Links"; I just added it to the menu bar as well to save a step. I know @StewMuse and myself like to use that at least....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:11 pm

Kip wrote:OK..got the "Unread posts" link showing back up in the menu bar of every page for all the folks who don't use Tapatalk. It's still under the "Quick Links"; I just added it to the menu bar as well to save a step. I know @StewMuse and myself like to use that at least....
Yes. Much easier than searching for the current date in each section. Thanks!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:34 pm

I increased everyone's PM Inbox from 50 to 75 messages that can be stored indefinitely. You'll have to clean some out if you have more than 75, though.

Also, I noticed there are a few new fields that can be used (if you so desire) from the User Profile page. There are now places to add your social media info from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. Use these at your own discretion and privacy wishes. I did notice that you don't past the whole link into these fields - just the username. For example, for Twitter I don't paste in http://twitter.com/The_Cigarmy.......I just put The_Cigarmy. Same for Google+ (just your user ID number) and Facebook (Just what's after the last "/" in the URL to your profile page.

I also changed some of the colors on the forum pages. This isn't for St. Patrick's Day; green just goes better with the background/images than the blue/gray.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:54 pm

I noticed the Amazon ads have run away. Are they coming back? Kina like being able to donate that way, even if that floating banner is a nuisance...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:57 pm

Stewmuse wrote:I noticed the Amazon ads have run away. Are they coming back? Kina like being able to donate that way, even if that floating banner is a nuisance...
They still exist on the blog portion of the website. I am working on getting them back on the forum. It's going to take a bit more code-writing skill than I currently possess for the new phpBB. I gots some learnin' to do...

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:37 pm

Stewmuse wrote:I noticed the Amazon ads have run away. Are they coming back? Kina like being able to donate that way, even if that floating banner is a nuisance...
Back.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:22 pm

As soon as Tapatalk gets their act together, we'll have full functionality back with them. However, while we're waiting, I'm really liking the forum without the app. If it weren't for being able to bundle all forums (fora?) into the singular app, I'd drop it from my phone altogether. The new forum software's responsive theme and full functionality is pretty groovy...

Besides, they forcibly classified us as "NSFW & Vices" because we feature tobacco use......

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:02 am

NSFW and Vices? Dumb...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.