Broadcast format changes

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Broadcast format changes

Post by Kip » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Hey fellers...

Google is doing away with Hangouts On Air as a standalone offering. They're forcing it into using the YouTube page for this. For what may be the first time ever, I kinda like what they're doing. There's a chance we'll be broadcasting directly on the YouTube page instead of the page on our website. This would allow for us to use YouTube's chat functionality instead of the paid chat app we currently have on the website. We're all paid up through next June, so there's some time to decide - but we'll be giving it a trial run over the next couple recordings.

I will be running both in the meantime, and will provide any updates on the existing broadcast page - so no one will miss a minute of our captivating productions :)

PS - it looks like we're going to record tomorrow (Saturday, Sept 10) instead of tonight....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Broadcast format changes

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Thanks for the update, altho rats that you're doing it Saturday instead of tonight. Progress...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Broadcast format changes

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:26 am

Could a trial broadcast with listeners, participators, speakers, etc need to be in order since we didn't use on Saturday?