PHOTO UPLOADING

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Re: PHOTO UPLOADING

Post by 815DC » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 pm
Kip wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 pm
The process I just described is while using Tapatalk. But, I just went and looked at it if I just access the forum with the browser on my phone. Still very simple. From a post, touch "Attachment", browse pics and select which one you want (or take a new pic), "Send." Done.
I am not a picture person. I read posts as often, if not more, without visual aides. In a digital Social Media age this is not the norm. For me, a photo offers little benefit unless there is a unique one-off experience to share.
That being said, I was turned off from posting pictures onto this forum when Tapatalk had its massive version update 2 or 3 years ago. I had ongoing issues with logging into the forum versus the app and then had minor glitches with my OS after that. It was such a minute benefit that I nixed the app, and picture uploading through it, shortly thereafter.
Now, before DC jumps in to point out the oft used retort regarding straight browser access, when I initially found out that safari played well with vBulletin or php or whatever software Kip has us running with, it was beyond the point when I felt I would benefit or enjoy posting. At this point I don't access the forum from anywhere but a desktop/notebook. My ass pain is referred, over 3 years, and nothing more than a memory I refer to in order to keep my crotchety old bastard card up to date.

Entering computations for Kurt speech translation... computing.. computing... DING!

Kurt- "Me old, me lazy, me no like magic paintings from soul steal box" :lol: jk Craig
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:03 pm

815DC wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:11 am
Entering computations for Kurt speech translation... computing.. computing... DING!

Kurt- "Me old, me lazy, me no like magic paintings from soul steal box" :lol: jk Craig
Couldn't have summed it up better, myself!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 pm

For those who use Tapatalk, their image service seems to be down. Both mine and BowHuntingHoosier's pictures from today are broken. Tapatalk does their own thing, so it's not in my control. Image uploading directly to the site via browser works just fine. Tapatalk hosts images uploaded through their app, and that's what isn't working. I'll keep an eye on it for whenever they get it fixed.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Kip wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 pm
For those who use Tapatalk, their image service seems to be down. Both mine and BowHuntingHoosier's pictures from today are broken. Tapatalk does their own thing, so it's not in my control. Image uploading directly to the site via browser works just fine. Tapatalk hosts images uploaded through their app, and that's what isn't working. I'll keep an eye on it for whenever they get it fixed.

FWIW, I have the mobile version of the forum pretty kickin' and it works just fine for me on my phone.

I'm sure iPads have a problem with it though....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Also, I tried posting a pic to another forum via Tapatalk. It didn't work either, so I'm now 100% sure it isn't our problem.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 am

Kip wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 pm
Kip wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:40 pm

FWIW, I have the mobile version of the forum pretty kickin' and it works just fine for me on my phone.

I'm sure iPads have a problem with it though....
I didn't know that...

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:01 am

BTW - I guess Tapatalk got it all sorted out. Seems to be working fine again.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk