Episode 140

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Episode 140

Post by f.sinagra » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Was listening to a most excellent show today.

Craig, sorry to hear about the early cigar troubles and your recent down-in-the-dumps outlook towards cigars and cigar smoking. I can't say I have felt that way in my six short years of smoking, but I hope you get out of your slump, soldier on, and continue to smoke some excellent stogies! I guess you could say this is a reality of life. Oh, and nice shoutout towards Free Speech at the very end of your show. Thank God people haven't tried to censor cigar talk yet!

Both Half-Ashed hosts, I listen to the shows -- live -- as often as I can, and I am a subscriber to both the YouTube and Podcast channel. I listen to the show when I'm relaxing and driving to-and-from work, and on trips, both long and short, and while enjoying a cigar alone. I enjoy the back-and-forth, slights, the seriousness and wittiness that the show brings.

Your time and effort doesn't go unnoticed, fellas. Keep up the excellent work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by f.sinagra on Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Episode 140

Post by IWinchester » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:26 pm

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:07 pm

I would reply here in an encouraging fashion, except they don't really use the forum any more, so... ;)
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:23 pm

Still checking in at times....I just had a team of young athletes down as a mission team last week who worked me to death, and the Spanish class has suddenly gotten very deep. My brain holds about 5 pounds, and I'm trying to cram 10 pounds of new language into it....

Thanks for the encouraging words, though, fellers. Even though we've been a bit wonky with the show in recent weeks I should be back to having *some* amount of time to dedicate to it - at least more than at the moment - as soon as this class ends in 4 weeks. Nobody is more ready than I am to get back into the swing of things...I'm not even having much time for cigars lately. I miss it. A lot.

I'm ready to ramp up to this summer's IPCPR.....the industry seems to be in a lull overall, and needs the tradeshow and its accompanying influx of new product to pep it up a bit.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:42 pm

Kip wrote:
I'm ready to ramp up to this summer's IPCPR.....the industry seems to be in a lull overall, and needs the tradeshow and its accompanying influx of new product to pep it up a bit.
I wonder if the lull is all FDA related. I know that Death Star lurking has put my retail plans of hold...

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:55 am

IWinchester wrote:
Kip wrote:
I wonder if the lull is all FDA related. I know that Death Star lurking has put my retail plans of hold...
Good point. There's a fair amount of shuffling between companies and whatnot. Lots of rumors of company sales and restructuring lately. The FDA is very confident.....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:12 am

Stewmuse wrote:I would reply here in an encouraging fashion, except they don't really use the forum any more, so... ;)
Pfft...

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:14 am

Kip wrote:Still checking in at times....I just had a team of young athletes down as a mission team last week who worked me to death, and the Spanish class has suddenly gotten very deep. My brain holds about 5 pounds, and I'm trying to cram 10 pounds of new language into it....
Good gracious. I was thinking that your Spanish class was a nice accompaniment to cigars. I never expected it to take over. Yikes...

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 am

IWinchester wrote:
Kip wrote:
I had no idea you were considering a shop, Ian. Where? How concrete were your plans?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 am

f.sinagra wrote:Was listening to a most excellent show today.

Craig, sorry to hear about the early cigar troubles and your recent down-in-the-dumps outlook towards cigars and cigar smoking. I can't say I have felt that way in my six short years of smoking, but I hope you get out of your slump, soldier on, and continue to smoke some excellent stogies! I guess you could say this is a reality of life. Oh, and nice shoutout towards Free Speech at the very end of your show. Thank God people haven't tried to censor cigar talk yet! Image

Both Half-Ashed hosts, I listen to the shows -- live -- as often as I can, and I am a subscriber to both the YouTube and Podcast channel. I listen to the show when I'm relaxing and driving to-and-from work, and on trips, both long and short, and while enjoying a cigar alone. I enjoy the back-and-forth, slights, the seriousness and wittiness that the show brings.

Your time and effort doesn't go unnoticed, fellas. Keep up the excellent work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you, my friend. I'll say this. I'm not in a typical "funk" where cigars don't taste as good or I keep getting duds. I've (sporadically) been of mind that I want to considering giving it up. There's the health impact (minimal, I know), the wife implication, the way I cough starting 24 hours after I have a cigar, the fact my stock is dwindeling, the fact prices keep rising and the FDA keeps attacking and others as well. These thoughts typically occur in the morning. They typically occur shortly after I've had a cigar (the morning after or two mornings after) and they go away relatively quickly. I still enjoy smoking but I've noticed there are times when I have a tinge of regret about it. There's a pattern there and so that's what I'm asking everyone else. Have YOU noticed this and if so, at what times or followign what actions have you done so. I'm actually thinking it may be some sort of impact from having the cigar. Almost like a side effect from Nicotine processing or something. It's really, really weird.