Episode 140

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Episode 140

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:07 am

Perhaps you should fine something to do that is productive that having a cigar can accompany. That way, you are not "just smoking," but are doing something more "worthwhile." The cigar doesn't have to be the focus. Or just always have cigars on hand for your daily travels.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:09 am

This goes for both Kip and Craig, or anyone else. Studying for Spanish class or preparing for the English class, to me, would be ideal situations for a cigar.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:47 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
IWinchester wrote:
Kip wrote:
I'm ready to ramp up to this summer's IPCPR.....the industry seems to be in a lull overall, and needs the tradeshow and its accompanying influx of new product to pep it up a bit.
I wonder if the lull is all FDA related. I know that Death Star lurking has put my retail plans of hold...
I had no idea you were considering a shop, Ian. Where? How concrete were your plans?
Pretty solid plans, despite the deadly tobacco tax here and the whole "no smoking indoors" thing. Found a way around those by planning a mobile lounge, like a food truck but for cigars. Unfortunately, I wanted to offer only (mostly) boutiques, and my margins were going to be thin as it stands today. I'm in a conundrum of its still within my spirit to do it with whatever Altadis and
General sticks are leftover in the fallout...

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Episode 140

Post by f.sinagra » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Mobile cigar lounge sounds dynamite. Wish I could do something like that here in NYC.

It's funny, so many people here smoke cigarettes, but light up & smoke a cigar, and everyone immediately loses their mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Head to Florida, Ian. There's a special licene for mobile tobacco sales. It's $50/year, and the cost to file an LLC Annual Report is about $140. Do the other associated paperwork (taxes, etc) and you're in business. Weather is great to run it year round at outdoor events, also.

...sent by smoke signal from Cigar Country
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:53 pm

Kip wrote:Head to Florida, Ian. There's a special licene for mobile tobacco sales. It's $50/year, and the cost to file an LLC Annual Report is about $140. Do the other associated paperwork (taxes, etc) and you're in business. Weather is great to run it year round at outdoor events, also.

...sent by smoke signal from Cigar Country
I know I know!! Image family and skiing are here though...but the fishing is good there, and I can't rebut the weather argument...Image