Stitcher Radio

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Stitcher Radio

Post by Kip » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:15 pm

Hey guys...

I know there are some number of folks who listen/download the show through Stitcher, but I just wanted to throw up a warning that we are going to drop off their list soon. In the past, I knew their model was a bit bothersome because they took a single download from us and put it on THEIR site, which meant we never knew exactly who/how many downloads were going through them. This was shady, but OK by me previously because they had some semblance of an analytics capability that I could at least get an idea of what was going through. Back in September/October, they were bought out by Deezer, a European internet radio group. Since then, their statistics have become non-functional - but they still employ the same methods. Basically, they take our show and add their own advertisements and download it to whoever subscribes. While we don't really sell adspace on the show, I don't see the point in having them make money off us for nothing. They've pretty much become a cheap internet scraper with more organization than is typical. Not a fan.

We will still be available on iTunes, here on the site, through YouTube or by pointing any other RSS reader to: http://halfashed.com/feed/podcast (this works with ANY podcast handler). By using any of these services, we at least get a realistic number for how the show is growing. Sorry for the trouble for however many of you Stitcher fans there are. If they would agree to use our feed URL, this would all go away. But, after a few attempts to do that they haven't made it happen - or even bother to reply to my requests. Since the buyout, they've been unresponsive...via email and Twitter.

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Stitcher Radio

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:33 pm

Good man. F' em...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Just to use the technical term, of course...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

RockPaperScissors
Petit Robusto

Post by RockPaperScissors » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Well founded decision. I didn't know until now that Stitcher sold out.
Someone else make money on the back of your free product/service, when you get nothing in return is not good business.

CigarMan4Life
Petit Robusto

Post by CigarMan4Life » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Who's making money on their backs?

What?..................... :lol:
"Passion has helped us; but can do so no more. It will in future be our enemy. Reason, cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason, must furnish all the materials for our future support and defence." - Abraham Licoln

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Stitcher has gotten around to (slightly) improving their stats reporting. I've relisted the show there, if any of you use the app. The feed should be live now/soon.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....