Help Fund Half Ashed's Hosting Costs

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Adspace

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:33 am

jledou wrote:It is a way for all of us to donate a little each month for the show, people can pledge a dollar a month to the show or more if they would like to help cover costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At one time Kip and I talked about this when another listener suggested a similar idea and we decided against it. I'm not sure if our current server demands might change our minds now but the thought is still the same. We do not want this to be on the listener's shoulders.
The Amazon bar is just a convenience, really. If you're going to be using that site for holiday shopping, it behooves all of us for you to follow the link. That's all. If Kip and I get to the point where we need to take other measures, it is comforting to know that some of you folks would have interest enough to help support the recordings. For that, (even if nothing ever comes of it) I sincerely say thank you.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Just Amazoned again via the HA link. Assuming Kip's 4% number is right, then that's another $4.00+ for the site. In the spirit of sharing and giving, would you all like a Christmas wish list from me??? I can send you a birthday list in February, too, if you like! Remember, it's for Half Ashed!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kenhorne21
Takin' the Bull by...

Post by Kenhorne21 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:09 pm

Well I just placed a monster order through the site for my girlfriends Christmas camera. Hope I did it right. Should be a nice little chunk for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:14 pm

Woohoo! You guys are awesome. Thanks!

Just a hillbilly, Tappin and a-Talkin
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:23 am

Best little corner of the internet. No doubt. Thanks fellas

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:31 pm

As a side note for mobile users, the ad is at the bottom if the page. We ordered all our Christmas stuff through the site as well :)

Kid Corona

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:48 pm

IWinchester wrote:As a side note for mobile users, the ad is at the bottom if the page. We ordered all our Christmas stuff through the site as well :)

Kid Corona
Gracias!

As a side note - any ads you see in Tapatalk are NOT from us. Those belong to Tapatalk, and aren't tied to us. THEY force those on their users.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Thanks for all the support, folks. We've actually made up 11% of the year's costs this month. I know December is a big shopping month, so the rest of the time it won't be so much...but it all adds up!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Stewmuse wrote:Just Amazoned again via the HA link. Assuming Kip's 4% number is right, then that's another $4.00+ for the site. In the spirit of sharing and giving, would you all like a Christmas wish list from me??? I can send you a birthday list in February, too, if you like! Remember, it's for Half Ashed!
Turns out it's a sliding scale, which ranges from 0%-8% - based on both the number of orders for the month and product category. Nonetheless, you guys helped cover 11% of the whole cost for 2015, so I'm super grateful. It makes it possible for Craig and I to keep spewing our drivel into the vast interwebs....

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:49 am

A huge thanks to the folks who have used the link to order from Amazon. After Amazon ran everything through their "more-complicated-than-I-first-thought" math for the first month, y'all covered right at 10% of the year's costs to keep the site up. I know December was a big shopping month, and that's probably an anomaly - but it really helps out quite a bit. Muchas gracias!