Help Fund Half Ashed's Hosting Costs

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Help Fund Half Ashed's Hosting Costs

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:22 am

The Banker wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 am
I say any extra funds go to buying Craig's wife a movie ticket and paying for a baby sitter so he can actually be available on Fridays.
I like this guy.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:24 am

815DC wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:13 am
My post was mostly trying to answer a question and not to be taken as direction on how to run the show/site. The paypal option however, may be the most viable. It gives people the option of donating as little as $1, but those add up. If some of your hundreds? Thousands? Tens? of listeners decided to do that once in awhile you could be all Scrooge McDuck up in here. :P

Me personally? I think I will just continue to save my shekels and send them to you direct Kip so long as it is a viable option. That way they can used for your family, mission, or whatever you deem they are needed for at the time.

As an aside Banker Kip does have a support page for his mission work if your looking to really make a difference...
https://fishers4him.com/support/

Regardless of personal beliefs if the answer to the question "Do you believe kids should have clean drinking water and an education?" is yes.. Then support should indeed be considered.

Maybe I overstepped on this one Kip... feel free to delete it if you like.
Not a single thing in this post comes close to overstepping. In fact, it's one of the most respectable and appreciated posts on this here forum.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:37 pm

I suppose if we are going to get into this there is also Patreon which Half Ashed actually probably falls under. The massive 15-30 mins of research I have done led me to this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/commen ... ons_under/

It appears if most of the donations a site would expect to be $15USD or lower Patreon is the way to go. Also reward goals don't necessarily have to be even set you can simply state that money gained will be used to further the show. (Web fees, cigar fees, mic fees, laptop fees, whatever)
Why DOES the moon follow the car?