We're back...and now Tapatalk friendly

Keep up with Half Ashed show scheduling, software, or other changes here.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: We're back...and now Tapatalk friendly

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 pm

I meant that I don't see the actual forum/site page. Just a textual listing. Maybe that's just the iPad though. Thanks and no worries.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:28 pm

You should be able to see avatars and posted/attached images. I guess it isn't formatted the same, but most of the useful information is still there, as it's fed from the pages here on the site. What is missing that you'd like to see?
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm not too worried, as I don't currently do anything via a phone. With the name Tapatalk, I was hoping it would be a voice recognition thing, as opposed to typing messages. My faulty expectations...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:38 am

I assume Mike is referring to the desktop view with his comment about "real pages". That is my main dislike of Tapatalk, though I trade that for the ability to stay in contact. There's something that holds back the sense of connection on my iPhone even though it allows me access. I'm finding myself getting used to it and the interface now reminds me more of a different browser than a different total interface. It'll grow on ya.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:42 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:I assume Mike is referring to the desktop view with his comment about "real pages". That is my main dislike of Tapatalk, though I trade that for the ability to stay in contact. There's something that holds back the sense of connection on my iPhone even though it allows me access. I'm finding myself getting used to it and the interface now reminds me more of a different browser than a different total interface. It'll grow on ya.
Just for the record, you don't have to use Tapatalk. The forum still works in standard browser view on your phone - it may just look a little strange because of the way each different device renders the page....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:31 am

If u go to "timeline" instead of "unread" you can see all the discussions. It still puts the little blue dot by unread stuff, too. I like this cuz it makes it look like more is going on :)

ERDoc
Petit Robusto

Post by ERDoc » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:15 pm

I was so excited to see Half Ashed forums on Tapatalk. It really is the easiest way to stay caught up on forums - most of us have mobile devices with us all the time. Thanks for this functionality.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:06 pm

I'll be glad when some enterprising young developer team finally comes up with competition for Tapatalk. I'm less a fan of it with every minute that passes. All kinds of craziness going on today....

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:45 pm

Don't know if it'll help, but on my iPhone 4s it's been down all day. It'll open, but shows no content other than my profile. i couldn't get to any topics or my messages. ...then I remembered i own a computer :shock:

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:34 pm

IWinchester wrote:Don't know if it'll help, but on my iPhone 4s it's been down all day. It'll open, but shows no content other than my profile. i couldn't get to any topics or my messages. ...then I remembered i own a computer :shock:
Yeah, there have been random outages for hundreds of forums (fora?) beginning last night. Mine was not working and I got all crazy and cleared caches (both the site & on my phone), deleted account data (on my phone), and reset everything I could on the forum owner account. Nothing worked. Absolutely NO response from the folks at Tapatalk. They're too busy building their next-generation social media platform to fool with the app much these days. There's a near-riot brewing in the forum owners boards because Tapatalk support has been MIA for weeks now.

For what it's worth, something it did clear up for my phone earlier....I have no idea what did it. It just started working again this afternoon.