Gaming

Music, Movies, Books, Shows...whatever you're feeding yer brain these days.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Gaming

Post by Kip » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:56 pm

So I know @815DC is a gamer, and I play a little on rare occasion when I can wrestle the Xbox away from my son. But, Fallout 76 is due out in November....and unlike the entire 20 year history of the game, this one will have multi-player capability. Anybody here into long-run, deep RPG's? I'm all-in for this game. I probably spent well over 200 hours in Fallout 4, and this one has a map reportedly 4x its size.....

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Re: Gaming

Post by 815DC » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 pm

I have my reservations on 76 Kip. Kinda looks like fallout Fortnite a bit to me. I am intrigued by it, but definitely something I want to see after its release. I understand co-op is pretty essential and there is a building aspect so if you need somebody to play Huckleberry I suppose I'm game, but as far as managing life changing decisions for a ton of made up people in a made up world? Not so much my thing... point-> shoot-> loot is more my gaming preference these days.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:19 am

815DC wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 pm
I have my reservations on 76 Kip. Kinda looks like fallout Fortnite a bit to me.
I'm not too worried about this at all. The game is too fundamentally different. It's not 10-minute rounds that you play and then start afresh for the next. It isn't competitive in the Fortnite/PUBG sense either. There is always the option to be a jackwagon and kill other folks off - *but*, Bethesda has gone to some lengths to stave that behavior off. Anyone who takes out another player gets a bounty on their head before the whole playing world - and the bounty is paid from the killer's own stash. Fortnite exists solely to take out everyone else and win the round. I don't play it, but my son does. I like to play a world/character-building kind of game. He doesn't mind living in a 10-minute round repeatedly.
815DC wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:20 pm
I am intrigued by it, but definitely something I want to see after its release. I understand co-op is pretty essential and there is a building aspect so if you need somebody to play Huckleberry I suppose I'm game, but as far as managing life changing decisions for a ton of made up people in a made up world? Not so much my thing... point-> shoot-> loot is more my gaming preference these days.
The demos I've watched so far are completely open to playing alone. There may be other people in the world, but you're not restricted to playing co-op. In fact, the majority of what I've watched has been in the form of the developers' demos, with them playing alone. It's just in a world where other people are wondering around. You don't have to stay anywhere you don't want to be, nor play with anyone you don't want to play with. You can quest alone, or in a group. The only decision making will be for your specific character. It isn't team-based. You can absolutely play point->shoot->loot if you like. The beauty of this franchise for me is the non-linear storyline. Even with the always-present bugginess of Bethesda games (due to their sheer size and near-infinite impacts of past decisions), you can do (or not do) 95% of the quests you encounter. You're not hemmed into a specific story. Most games of this type force you into the main story, while provided some side-quests to try and make it interesting. FO4 had 4 "trunks" for a storyline; you can follow any one of them, and do 100's of sidequests on the way.

Looting will also be instanced, which means whenever a quest is completed every player gets their own unique drop. No competing for the loot (like the Diablo games were). I can't get at yours, and you can't get at mine.

From what I've seen so far, it's much like Fallout 4, but with the added variable of there being other folks walking around the same world. And, if someone finishes a particular quest in your world without you, it doesn't remove its availability for you. You can still do the same and make your own call about the when/how.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:04 pm

1: Your forum-foo is better than mine. I just was able to figure out how to pare down a post into a partial quote. Multiple quotes? forget it! And the people that post a pile of pics? I am limited to 3 attached images. Now don't get me wrong.. I probably am not going to bother to get better at this because hey... its a forum about cigars and BS-ing.

2: As for 76 first I feel I should defend Diablo as I played the heck out of Diablo 3. Everyone's loot was individualized in Diablo 3 you didn't have people hoarding to one golden drop while their 'pals' got obliterated. Basically if it was on your screen it was yours.. the other player had completely different loot dropping on his/her screen. This was an ingenious fix as older games had the loot simply drop first come first serve. Second note that I didn't say I wouldn't get the game. I have just decided to wait and see on any game now especially since how disappointed I was with the Destiny franchise and how they treated their gaming core repeatedly. That is for another time- this is Fallout. So from what I gather you are saying 76 is fallout- with building, and quests- but kind of in like the multiplayer of red dead redemption a bit. Kinda a solo MMO if that makes sense. As stated previously I will have to look up some videos.. probably starting by seeing if Oxhorn has put more stuff up on it. FYI you should check out Oxhorn's youtube channel Kip. If you like Fallout he has some of the most dedicated content to it from mods to the morality of killing Mr House in new vegas. Good stuff and his Scotch and smoke rings podcast seems like something you would dig also.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:22 am

So I gather Kip and myself are still the only 2 from this forum on xbox?

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:48 am

No gaming for me. Gave that life up in 2005/2006ish. It was too much. There are people out there that say they make the games more addictive and I cannot dissagree with that