Musical Mayhem

Music, Movies, Books, Shows...whatever you're feeding yer brain these days.
User avatar
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Santiago, Dominican Republic
Contact:

Musical Mayhem

Post by Kip » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:58 am

So, I'm hanging around the house this fine Saturday morning. Kristi and the kids are now on Christmas break, so they're all preoccupied with relaxing. As I am wont to do, I have my headphones on listening to a random offering from my music library. I'm no Zacanudo, but I do enjoy a wide variety of music and have about 10k songs give or take - in quite a number of genres. Sometimes, I get a kick out of the mix of music I get whenever I just put the player on random. Just now, I got these five:

Big Bill Broonzy "Too Too Train Blues"
Marilyn Manson "Beautiful People"
Patsy Cline "Side by Side"
Rend Collective "Build Your Kingdom Here"
Grouplove "Itchin' on a Photograph"

I'd reckon that's about as random as it gets. Now, on to some Volbeat....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

User avatar
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Location: Just a bit NW of Chicago
Contact:

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:15 am

Kip wrote:So, I'm hanging around the house this fine Saturday morning. Kristi and the kids are now on Christmas break, so they're all preoccupied with relaxing. As I am wont to do, I have my headphones on listening to a random offering from my music library. I'm no Zacanudo, but I do enjoy a wide variety of music and have about 10k songs give or take - in quite a number of genres. Sometimes, I get a kick out of the mix of music I get whenever I just put the player on random. Just now, I got these five:

Big Bill Broonzy "Too Too Train Blues"
Marilyn Manson "Beautiful People"
Patsy Cline "Side by Side"
Rend Collective "Build Your Kingdom Here"
Grouplove "Itchin' on a Photograph"

I'd reckon that's about as random as it gets. Now, on to some Volbeat....
I can totally see you as a Marilyn Manson fan. I prefer "Slutgarden" and his remake of the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams are Made of These."
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

User avatar
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by IWinchester » Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:02 pm

You might really like the band ShowBread.

User avatar
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Santiago, Dominican Republic
Contact:

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by Kip » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:28 am

Stewmuse wrote:I can totally see you as a Marilyn Manson fan. I prefer "Slutgarden" and his remake of the Eurythmics' "Sweet Dreams are Made of These."
I'm not a huge fan; I just own a few songs of his. I'm a more traditional AC/DC kinda guy. I have a wildly wide stream of musical genres I listen to - but AC/DC and their ilk have been my default backdrop for over 30 years. It's my "I don't have to think" music. Typically peppy, fun stuff. No deep lyrical stylings; just a 3-chord wall of guitar and (depending on which drummer) a good backbone.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

magste
Thor Down Under
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:37 am

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by magste » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:01 am

Never was a Motorhead fan, but sad to hear Lemmy passed away. A true legend and hard working rockn roll icon
Image

User avatar
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by IWinchester » Sun May 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Got to see Death Cab for Cutie on Friday night with my wife. Awesome, awesome show! Picked up a limited edition vinyl of their new album and a new slipmat for my turntable. Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Location: Just a bit NW of Chicago
Contact:

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by Stewmuse » Sun May 08, 2016 10:31 pm

Congrats, Ian!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

User avatar
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Santiago, Dominican Republic
Contact:

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by Kip » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

My son has reached an age he likes to sit with me and play dominoes...and appreciates Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. Life is good.

Sent via smoke signal from the tropics....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

User avatar
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor
Posts: 2926
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Location: Just a bit NW of Chicago
Contact:

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:24 am

Kip wrote:My son has reached an age he likes to sit with me and play dominoes...and appreciates Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd. Life is good.

Sent via smoke signal from the tropics....
Shut up. I still have to listen to Adele and Taylor Swift, ad nauseum...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

User avatar
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Musical Mayhem

Post by IWinchester » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Adele I can dig. My kids are Beatles fans

Post Reply