Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Tour Championship

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Kip wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 am
........ I had never heard that about Petty......
We talking Tom or Richard?
We’re talking individuals at the top of their profession, so no, not Tom. 😃
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

The Banker
Churchill

Post by The Banker » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm

I've always heard Richard wouldn't take the time to sign stuff for kids or shake their hands back in the day. He also gave Danica a lot of grief when she first started with Nascar saying she didn't belong. Whether her spot was warranted or not you still have to be a gentleman and wish her the best. I'm sure she took someone spot who deserved it more but big picture if she would have been more successful she could have saved stock car racing which would have been better for everyone.

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm

RYDER CUP TOMORROW — GO USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:39 pm
Yeah, Andre was quite a dickhead in his teens. Even wore a skirt to taunt an opponent one time. Of course, now he’s married to Steffi, so that worked out okay for him.
I know all of that. I think he even tried at one French in the early 90s to do that. I never knew it was to taunt anyone though. And just for the record, taunting an opponent is a long way from being an asshole. I think there's not too many professional athletes who aren't known for extreme competitiveness. I was assuming this post was in regard to real life.

and Kipper, I assumed Richard, in line with the idea of athletes. Though, that too was debatable about 70s era NASCAR. heh.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:35 pm

The Banker wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:19 pm
I've always heard Richard wouldn't take the time to sign stuff for kids or shake their hands back in the day. He also gave Danica a lot of grief when she first started with Nascar saying she didn't belong. Whether her spot was warranted or not you still have to be a gentleman and wish her the best. I'm sure she took someone spot who deserved it more but big picture if she would have been more successful she could have saved stock car racing which would have been better for everyone.
The ol Chicken and egg story.

The Banker
Churchill

Post by The Banker » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:35 pm

f.sinagra wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 pm
RYDER CUP TOMORROW — GO USA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's a great weekend ahead. I supposedly have an order showing up tomorrow so it will be fun to smoke some new stuff and binge on some golf.

The Banker
Churchill

Post by The Banker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:32 pm

The morning started well atleast. Only 2 down into the tournament shouldn't be hard to overcome. The real question is did anyone else see that women get hit in the face by Koapka's tee shot?!?!?

The Banker
Churchill

Post by The Banker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:37 am

Got up early to watch and that's a waste of time. It looks like the only thing we can win on Europen soul is a war. 'Merica. :roll: