Tour Championship

Just what it says....
The Banker
Churchill
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Tour Championship

Post by The Banker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Is anyone watching the tournament today? Thoughts on whether Tiger can hold on for the win and signal he's back?

I say he has a good chance to win but still wont win the FedEx cup. He's been building great momentum all year and his game at this age is built more to play it safe with the lead rather than trying to get aggressive when coming from behind.

User avatar
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Tour Championship

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:16 am

The Banker wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 pm
Is anyone watching the tournament today? Thoughts on whether Tiger can hold on for the win and signal he's back?

I say he has a good chance to win but still wont win the FedEx cup. He's been building great momentum all year and his game at this age is built more to play it safe with the lead rather than trying to get aggressive when coming from behind.
He did it. He sure as shit did it. I'm actually not too surprised. He's been pretty consistantly normal this second half of the season and he did come close at the Masters(?) this year also. Here's hoping that he doesn't shatter his spine taking a shower this offseason. It would be nice to see him have one final push next spring.

The Banker
Churchill
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: Tour Championship

Post by The Banker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 am

Hopefully all that Ambien keeps him loose lol.

User avatar
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Tour Championship

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:44 pm

The Banker wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:29 am
Hopefully all that Ambien keeps him loose lol.
No way. Was that what he was on during that traffic stop??

User avatar
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor
Posts: 2852
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Location: Just a bit NW of Chicago
Contact:

Re: Tour Championship

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:19 pm

After the new year, I read a biography on Tiger that had virtually NOTHING good to say about him as a person. Time after time, throughout his teens and adult life, he has shown himself to be the consummate, self-centered tool. SO WHY IN THE HELL DO I STILL ROOT FOR HIM TO WIN??? Sigh....
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

The Banker
Churchill
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Re: Tour Championship

Post by The Banker » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 am

I feel the same way about him. I think anyone who is (arguably) the greatest ever at something has typically been like that. You become laser focused and everything else be damned. Jordan, Petty, Ruth, Montana, Gretzky, Agasi- all dicks. I also root for history to be made. If my team doesn't have a chance I want to see those dynasties.

User avatar
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...
Posts: 2190
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Tour Championship

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 am

The Banker wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:44 am
I feel the same way about him. I think anyone who is (arguably) the greatest ever at something has typically been like that. You become laser focused and everything else be damned. Jordan, Petty, Ruth, Montana, Gretzky, Agasi- all dicks. I also root for history to be made. If my team doesn't have a chance I want to see those dynasties.
That's interesting. I had never heard that about Petty or Agassi.

User avatar
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly
Posts: 3106
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm
Location: Santiago, Dominican Republic
Contact:

Re: Tour Championship

Post by Kip » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 am
........ I had never heard that about Petty......
We talking Tom or Richard?
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

User avatar
jledou
The 'Dou abides...
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Tour Championship

Post by jledou » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Kip wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:44 pm
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:27 am
........ I had never heard that about Petty......
We talking Tom or Richard?
You and your Petty differences :roll:

User avatar
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor
Posts: 2852
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:21 pm
Location: Just a bit NW of Chicago
Contact:

Re: Tour Championship

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Yeah, Andre was quite a dickhead in his teens. Even wore a skirt to taunt an opponent one time. Of course, now he’s married to Steffi, so that worked out okay for him.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Post Reply