What sports do you play ?

Just what it says....
Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:05 pm

I am interested to know if there are others here that enjoy a bit of beer-leaging from time to time.

I play hockey for a mens league team in the winter, and now am playing on a mens league box lacrosse team.
I figured it looked fun for the kid, so why not....Image

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Re: What sports do you play ?

Post by jledou » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:51 am

Years ago we played some coed softball for fun but no it is a round of golf here and there when I get a chance.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:48 am

Having feet and knees that don't like pounding and fast stops, I gave up basketball and tennis years ago, but I can walk forever(wish), so golf (yes, I walk, no carts) is my only "competitive" sporting outlet these days. I bowled a lot through HS, but haven't thrown a ball in close to a decade.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

f.sinagra
Not Frank Sinatra

Post by f.sinagra » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Played baseball and basketball when I was younger.

Played football from Pop Warner to college. Don't mean to toot my own horn, but I did have several offers from MAC and Big East (when it was still the Big East) and D1AA schools out of high school and JuCo. Some of my greatest memories were on the field.

Now all I play is basketball and golf (good in the former, not so much in the latter.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace. - Raul Julia

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Played football when young, until I broke my femur and didn't walk for a year. Doctor forbade any more football. Played just neighborhood games of football and basketball throughout my youth until about 30. Got the bulk of my physical exercise from hiking/fly fishing then.

These days, I spend my time climbing ridiculously steep mountains for workouts a few times a week - not exercise for its own sake but to deliver water filters to those living beyond reach by vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:08 am

I've done everything it seems, at one time or another. I would love to find a mens soccer league around here but because of my proximity to the 2nd largest city in the state, and the overwhelming mexican population, I'd have a little bit of a hard time understanding many of the guys on my team. That, and I haven't played in 15 years (!) so I'm not quite the magician that I once was. I now am playing hockey only. My indoor league just started up this week and I'm surprised over 2 things. First, I legitimately almost killed myself this week. I played my first shift hard. Too hard. I sucked wind pretty hard and then subbed back in shortly thereafter. I am defense on this team and we're only rolling 2 lines. 3 minutes on my first shift, 45 seconds of rest, equals craig so winded I was losing peripheral vision and starting to get a little dizzy. That was intense. The second thing that surprised me was how little I hurt after EXCEPT for my thumb and pinky muscles in my palm. Good gracious it hurt to grab anything after. Still hurts. If I put my cigar between two fingers tonight, you know why.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Re: RE: Re: What sports do you play ?

Post by Zedman05 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:58 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:I've done everything it seems, at one time or another. I would love to find a mens soccer league around here but because of my proximity to the 2nd largest city in the state, and the overwhelming mexican population, I'd have a little bit of a hard time understanding many of the guys on my team. That, and I haven't played in 15 years (!) so I'm not quite the magician that I once was. I now am playing hockey only. My indoor league just started up this week and I'm surprised over 2 things. First, I legitimately almost killed myself this week. I played my first shift hard. Too hard. I sucked wind pretty hard and then subbed back in shortly thereafter. I am defense on this team and we're only rolling 2 lines. 3 minutes on my first shift, 45 seconds of rest, equals craig so winded I was losing peripheral vision and starting to get a little dizzy. That was intense. The second thing that surprised me was how little I hurt after EXCEPT for my thumb and pinky muscles in my palm. Good gracious it hurt to grab anything after. Still hurts. If I put my cigar between two fingers tonight, you know why.
There were many times this year that we went with 3 D on our team, in which I am one of them. The problem is that I often play with another younger guy and an older guy who changes fast. This usually leaves me on 4-8 minute shifts....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: RE: Re: What sports do you play ?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:12 am

Zedman05 wrote: There were many times this year that we went with 3 D on our team, in which I am one of them. The problem is that I often play with another younger guy and an older guy who changes fast. This usually leaves me on 4-8 minute shifts....
No. No, mm. NO

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:03 pm

I played lacrosse through college. My oldest son, 5 in August, is now getting into sports. My wife and I are introducing him to soccer (wife played in college) and golf. He’ll get introduced into lacrosse this summer.

I currently play golf, though at this point in parenting it’s more like 3-4 times a year until the kids gravitate towards it. My main form of exercise is CrossFit style workouts 5 times a week. Occasionally with yoga and swimming thrown in.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:08 am

Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:03 pm
I played lacrosse through college. My oldest son, 5 in August, is now getting into sports. My wife and I are introducing him to soccer (wife played in college) and golf. He’ll get introduced into lacrosse this summer.

I currently play golf, though at this point in parenting it’s more like 3-4 times a year until the kids gravitate towards it. My main form of exercise is CrossFit style workouts 5 times a week. Occasionally with yoga and swimming thrown in.
I need to throw swimming into my regimen. I enjoy it and it's a good workout. I just wish I had a gym membership.