Rosado wrappers

Here's where you can git yer learnin' on...maybe some rolling instruction from our resident torcedors, leafy lessons from Craig, or recommendations from the rest of us....
Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Rosado wrappers

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 pm

How do rosado wrappers differ from other wrappers and why are they so hard to come by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Re: Rosado wrappers

Post by 815DC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:19 pm

To my recollection 'Rosado' is more of a descriptive designation given to leaf.. A Rosado wrapper leans heavily towards having a reddish hue to it. As with 'Maduro' it is generally at the mercy of whomever is putting the cigar out to classify its wrapper as Rosado. I want to say the term Colorado is also used?...

I had a book with pics of wrappers called The Cigar moments of pleasure and included the wrapper color wheel picture in it.. A good table book for those looking.

Quick search showed this ..I will link to the site as well:

Rosado
One of the more uncommon wrapper shades is Rosado, which translates to “rosy” or “pinkish” in Spanish. These wrappers have a distinct reddish hue and are extremely difficult to grow outside of Cuba, which means that only a handful of companies are lucky enough to have a supply of this leaf. This makes Rosado-wrapped cigars rare and highly sought after. Typically, these cigars are very spicy with notes of cedar, coffee, earth, and pepper.

http://www.cigarbox.net/cigar-info/wrappers/
Attachments
DSCI0157.JPG
DSCI0157.JPG (167.12 KiB) Viewed 16248 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm

Aside from Fuente, who else has a Rosado wrapped cigar? Also, I’ve never heard of Rosado Cuban cigars. Has anyone ever had one?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm

Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:46 pm
Aside from Fuente, who else has a Rosado wrapped cigar? Also, I’ve never heard of Rosado Cuban cigars. Has anyone ever had one?
Fuente does promote them pretty heavily, but there are others. I know the non-Cuban Partagas used to have a "Spanish Rosado" line, Alec Bradley did the Nica Puro with a Rosado wrapper, and I believe My Father says their standard "My Father" line has an Ecuadoran Rosado wrapper if I'm not mistaken. They're out there, but everyone doesn't go to great lengths to assign it as a marketing point. I'm a bit of a Fuente fanboy anyway, but for my tastes the Magnum series is my favorite.

I'd also point out that the impact of this wrapper may be less noticeable than many. It's not wildly assertive - these cigars listed above, for example. None of them share much at all in terms of flavor similarity. They are all at the mercy of their internal components. I'm NOT saying the wrapper doesn't matter; just that the wrapper probably isn't the endgame decision-maker for the cigars carrying this wrapper.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Kip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm
Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Fuente does promote them pretty heavily, but there are others. I know the non-Cuban Partagas used to have a "Spanish Rosado" line, Alec Bradley did the Nica Puro with a Rosado wrapper, and I believe My Father says their standard "My Father" line has an Ecuadoran Rosado wrapper if I'm not mistaken. They're out there, but everyone doesn't go to great lengths to assign it as a marketing point. I'm a bit of a Fuente fanboy anyway, but for my tastes the Magnum series is my favorite.

I'd also point out that the impact of this wrapper may be less noticeable than many. It's not wildly assertive - these cigars listed above, for example. None of them share much at all in terms of flavor similarity. They are all at the mercy of their internal components. I'm NOT saying the wrapper doesn't matter; just that the wrapper probably isn't the endgame decision-maker for the cigars carrying this wrapper.
Ditto to this.

CI even has 'fresh rolled' Rosado wrapped Torps and Churchills in wheels of 40 for $70.

La Palina does a Rosado.. Southern Draw does a Habano Rosado wrapped cigar. I would be surprised if Rocky didn't have Rosado wrapped offerings or any of the major players... Rocky, AB, etc...

Sounds like you have found yourself a cigar rabbit hole sir.

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm

815DC wrote:
Kip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:23 pm
Cabaiguan juan wrote:

Ditto to this.

CI even has 'fresh rolled' Rosado wrapped Torps and Churchills in wheels of 40 for $70.

La Palina does a Rosado.. Southern Draw does a Habano Rosado wrapped cigar. I would be surprised if Rocky didn't have Rosado wrapped offerings or any of the major players... Rocky, AB, etc...

Sounds like you have found yourself a cigar rabbit hole sir.
How are those CI fresh rolled? Buying 40 of anything is buying deep.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:01 pm

Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 pm

How are those CI fresh rolled? Buying 40 of anything is buying deep.

Bro I got no idea. There are however over 600 reviews of them on the site. They are also on Cigarbid if you wanted to try and score them for less. Maybe call and ask them (CI) about what their return policy is if you try one and they are dog rockets? I honestly don't know... :(