Non-Health Related Effect of Smoking a Cigar

Here's where you can git yer learnin' on...maybe some rolling instruction from our resident torcedors, leafy lessons from Craig, or recommendations from the rest of us....
IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Non-Health Related Effect of Smoking a Cigar

Post by IWinchester » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Lol, Craig. I think moisture in the mouth also plays into how one feels the nicotine. More moisture/saliva=feeling more nicotine since it stays in (and is absorbed by) the mucus membrane of the mouth longer.

Kid Corona

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Good call. I hadn't gotten there yet but it makes sense.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:02 pm

I still welcome thoughts on the "monkey" taste (that cracks me up, BTW) but I've got another one to ask.

Does anyone who smokes infrequently notice how your lungs are irritated 2 days after you are smoking in a closed environment? I almost never cough or clear my throat the day after a cigar. Two days, well, I'm like an 80 year old man. It's quite weird. Along the lines of congestion, does your congestion change consistency ever after a cigar? This ventures down into an odd rathole, but I tend to find that mucus is much more gelatinous and gooey at this point. Just the body's way of putting all the impurities into something that can be expelled? I really don't know what this could be. Odd...

Quikstryke
Capitán Impresionante

Post by Quikstryke » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:43 pm

I find if I have several cigars 2 to 6 throughout the day I dont get that monkey crap the next day. Or if I smoke only earlier in the day to afternoon.. the closer to bed and the less cigars the rougher the next day is.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:51 pm

I don't think I'm old enough to get phlemy

Kid Corona

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Post by IWinchester » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:54 pm

Smoked a huge La Sirena Merlion last night and went to bed straight afterwards (after brushing my teeth). Not the strongest cigar, but NO monkey in the morning either. I'm beginning to think it has more to do with individual body chemistry than anything else. Maybe there are tricks that can help, but I think nature plays the major role.

Kid Corona

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 pm

What causes "off" breath the morning after NOT having a cigar? A person can brush their teeth, go straightway to bed, and still wake up with a monkey of a different breed...

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....