Wrapping considerations

Here's where you can git yer learnin' on...maybe some rolling instruction from our resident torcedors, leafy lessons from Craig, or recommendations from the rest of us....
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Wrapping considerations

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:43 am

Well, the attached photo is of the 12 cigars I wrapped this evening. I mentioned in a previous post tonite that this was easily the nicest bunch of wrapper leaf I've received and that it would be a good indicator of where my rolling "skill" is. Overall, i am pleased with the results, as there will typically be improvement in their appearance after 16-24 hours of resting and drying. One thing I was able to predict from cigar to cigar was how good each stick was going to look. I could readily see which leaves had thicker veining, which you can sometimes see in the picture. What is not clear from the picture is how the cigar looked before the wrapper was applied. The sticks that were fairly to very smooth to start finished consistently better. The molds will help you a lot with this smoothness, but if your pre-pressed stick looks good, your final product will be that much better. So... always try to make the rolled bunch looks as good as you can and your cigar will benefit greatly from this care.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.46 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Wrapping considerations

Post by IWinchester » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Wow man, those look like the most legit that you've rolled!

Kid Corona

star644
Toro

Post by star644 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:32 pm

deleted