Leccia stuff

Here's where you can git yer learnin' on...maybe some rolling instruction from our resident torcedors, leafy lessons from Craig, or recommendations from the rest of us....
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Leccia stuff

Post by Kip » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:24 pm

So, Sam wouldn't say where his White and Black were made in their early days. I don't recall him ever doing so since...but just saw a reply from him that finally says so. Turns out, the Black is made here in Santiago. I knew the countries of manufacture, just not the specific factories.

From Sam on Facebook:

"Earl, thanks for that question. Since I returned to the industry in 2010, I am proud to say that every Leccia Tobacco cigar has been made at the same factories from where they started. The Black is made at Las Lavas in the Dominican Republic the White, Luchador, el Gringo, Desnudo, Small Batch 75, and Bumpy Roots are made at American Caribbean Cigar in Esteli, Nicaragua. The only thing that General Cigar has ever made for my brand was the boxes for the El Gringo-(which is why I am back ordered on that cigar.) also I source a majority of the tobacco that I use, so even if I did, or do change factories, the cigars wouldn't change as I could easily take my blends and tobacco to another factory. Only the hands rolling them would change."

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Leccia stuff

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Ok, that's weird to me. Why would he use different factories if the factory of origin doesn't matter?

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:45 pm

Maybe to cut down on transportation costs? If the Black, for example, is almost all Dominican....why ship the raw leaf to Nica for production

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:38 pm

Kip wrote:Maybe to cut down on transportation costs? If the Black, for example, is almost all Dominican....why ship the raw leaf to Nica for production

Possible, but I'd think a leaf vendor would have access to many things. You would think ASP would have whatever LT would need, and in Nica.