Great website about Cuban Cigars and Culture

Here's where you can git yer learnin' on...maybe some rolling instruction from our resident torcedors, leafy lessons from Craig, or recommendations from the rest of us....
Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Great website about Cuban Cigars and Culture

Post by Zedman05 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:43 pm

I should have shared this page a long time ago. This is someone that I have watched over the last few years going from Canada to Cuba on visits 2-4 times a year. He is knowledgable, and a great dude all around.
His picture blog that I am linking here is a great representation of the real Havana that I know, not those glorified and wonderous pictures where everything looks like a movie. The first time I went to Havana I was surprised at how tightly packed everything was, even after being to Esteli and knowing that they too build their houses and buildings attatched to one another, but this is on a whole other level. The delapidation of buildings over time, and the fact that they are just left and used in this state is incredible to me as someone who lives in a place where money is easy to get if you just want the jobs. I am glad that I get to see where the rest of the world resides and how their lifestyle differs, it is just eye opening the first time you get to actually be there.
http://cubancigarsculturelifestyle.blog ... l.html?m=1

Cigar F^iend

IWinchester
I got the 4-0-6

Re: Great website about Cuban Cigars and Culture

Post by IWinchester » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks for sharing! That was like looking at a post-apocalyptic version of something. People are still around, but everything has a dullness to it...

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:05 pm

I can't quite figure that guy (or the site) out. He's essentially a competetor for Experience Cuban Culture (Colin Ganley's Cuban tourism company) but he seems to be only a tour guide, not an owner of his company. I'm not really sure of the authenticity of everythign that he puts on his site but there's no doubt he's got soem connections. Look through the archives for some fun info. I too should have shared the site a while ago. It's a very interesting place on the web.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:01 pm

He does tours, but yes, not like Colin. He basically helps out and gets you places, has connections and is knowledgeable.
His other blog posts can be interesting. I have talked to him and would say that the stuff he posts are about as real as I have seen.

Cigar F^iend