Rehydrating Your Leaf

Here's where you can git yer learnin' on...maybe some rolling instruction from our resident torcedors, leafy lessons from Craig, or recommendations from the rest of us....
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Rehydrating Your Leaf

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:20 pm

When you get ready to roll your cigars, you will need to reintroduce moisture into the leaves. This can be done with a spray mister, but i prefer a slow saturation via humidity. This gives a more even level of moisture throughout the leaf and prevents soaked spots, which can actually discolor your wrapper leaf. I use plastic file units, pouring water (tap is fine) into the bottom of the drawer and then hanging a basket (with wax paper in it to prevent splashes) a couple of inches above the water. I then place the dry leaf in these drawers a day or two before I plan on rolling, and label each drawer. The whole file is then covered in plastic to prevent moisture loss. You need to keep an eye on the leaf to make sure it isn't getting too wet. How humidified you get the leaf before rolling is up to your personal taste. Wet leaf tends to compress easily when you roll, which can cause a tight draw very quickly. Do not store leaf in these units for long periods of time, as they will tend to get moldy. Bleah...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (235.21 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Rehydrating Your Leaf

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:42 pm

Hmm... I wonder what kind if cigars I'm rolling this week are.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (182.73 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.