What Coffee are you drinking?

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by akpreacher » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:04 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
815DC wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 pm
Butter-Nut was a diner coffee back in the day and it has a following in the American Midwest. It can stay on the burner for hours and not go bad while also not bothering a stomach if its the only thing in it.
All of that is completely new information to me. I grew up in the midwest and our coffee was Hills Bros or Folgers. I have never heard of Butter Nut. Chock full O' Nuts is the closest to it bu tthat stuff sucked. Even to an 18 year old back in the day. lol
Same, Folgers is a bulk staple here in the commercial fishing industry and I’ve never heard of that. I’m gonna try to find some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 pm

While Butter-Nut is put out by Folgers now it was its own company originally (out of Nebraska I want to say) by Maryland club foods. The company names and of course products were bought up in the early 2000s by Folgers. It has always been available around here and was pretty popular. While it now shares the same name and price as every can of Folgers I honestly can't tell any difference to when it wasn't owned by Folgers. The stuff seems to only be on the shelf at my local Hy Vee these days. Walmart and target don't carry it around here, and the whole local grocery store thing died out in the 90s.

I guess if people really want to try it I can buy a can and divide it into Ziploc bags or something. Honestly its just regular old budget blue collar coffee and I drink it because as I said that is what my mom always had around.
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

jledou
The 'Dou abides...

Post by jledou » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:30 am

Amazon's generic brand kcup, it is this or Kirkland's kcups from Costco as a simple daily cup.Image

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:59 pm

Monte Real from the greca in one of the gazillion coffee cups my teacher wife comes home with at every holiday. The coffee isn't what you'd call hipster-approved, but I like it. Plain stuff, probably with a crapton of cheap filler and a bit of cacao in it. Image

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:02 am

Kip wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:59 pm
Monte Real from the greca in one of the gazillion coffee cups my teacher wife comes home with at every holiday. The coffee isn't what you'd call hipster-approved, but I like it. Plain stuff, probably with a crapton of cheap filler and a bit of cacao in it. Image

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal
I actually enjoyed it when I had some last year. It's a Bialetti special, for sure.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:04 am

815DC wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:15 pm
I guess if people really want to try it I can buy a can and divide it into Ziploc bags or something. Honestly its just regular old budget blue collar coffee and I drink it because as I said that is what my mom always had around.
It's available on Amazon, though in bulk.

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:17 pm

Late cup of IBCC Skull, tastes like a candy bar!

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:19 pm

815DC wrote:While Butter-Nut is put out by Folgers now it was its own company originally (out of Nebraska I want to say) by Maryland club foods. The company names and of course products were bought up in the early 2000s by Folgers. It has always been available around here and was pretty popular. While it now shares the same name and price as every can of Folgers I honestly can't tell any difference to when it wasn't owned by Folgers. The stuff seems to only be on the shelf at my local Hy Vee these days. Walmart and target don't carry it around here, and the whole local grocery store thing died out in the 90s.

You don’t need to go through all that trouble, having grown up drinking Folgers I was just astounded that there was such a fancy sounding blend. Thanks for the offer!

akpreacher
Forum Denizen

Post by akpreacher » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:39 pm

Local Holiday Roast

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:51 pm

I had people over to my house a couple weekends ago for Thanksgiving and didn't want to go through any good coffee with them. I bought a pound of beans from Trader Joes. I have been FLOORED. Theyre terrific!
TJs Organic Fair Trade Shade Grown Ethiopian. Medium dark roast.
A truly surprising blend.