What Coffee are you drinking?

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: What Coffee are you drinking?

Post by Kip » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:10 pm

I've had it. Enjoy it. I still have an ibrik that I break out on occasion when I can get finely ground (Turkish) coffee for it. You basically 'float' a metric butt load of sugar and coffee and then bring it to a fine bubble (near a beginning boil) three times. The result is thick, black, super sweet coffee. It often has clove, allspice, or cardamom in it depending on where you bought the coffee.

It's great and packs a wallup, but be careful with how much you consume in a sitting....there's a thin line between a perky afternoon and 3 hours of diarrhea.

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:20 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:34 am
I miss blackdog coffee. The coffee was very good but the period of my cigar and coffee life was just the best.
Processed through the translator:
“Where did the time go?” :)
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 am

815DC wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:20 am
kurtdesign1 wrote:
I miss blackdog coffee. The coffee was very good but the period of my cigar and coffee life was just the best.
Close but no cigar. Processed through the translator it comes out: The time and money went to a family. I regret nothing but look back with such fondness that sometimes I wonder if I had my fill before moving on.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:
815DC wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Close but no cigar. Processed through the translator it comes out: The time and money went to a family. I regret nothing but look back with such fondness that sometimes I wonder if I had my fill before moving on.
You can still get your fill with a family, and you seem to do a better job at it than most. You do well curating your cigar time and enjoyment. I've always thought your approach to cigars is pretty efficient and admirable, in terms of savoring each one and allotting time while being fully willing to keep the hobby in check (not allowing it to become burdensome or to interfere with family, which should take priority).

Sent via Caribbean smoke signal

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 am
815DC wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:

My line was more of a ‘man we are starting to get old’ or ‘time flies’ type thing Craig. Not saying u wasting your time now. That said some Blackdog coffee is only a click or humble request away.😁
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:37 pm

815DC wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:55 pm
kurtdesign1 wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:17 am
815DC wrote:

My line was more of a ‘man we are starting to get old’ or ‘time flies’ type thing Craig. Not saying u wasting your time now. That said some Blackdog coffee is only a click or humble request away.😁
We're all good brother. I'm unsure how I initially took that but know that it wasn't negative.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Kip wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:44 am
You can still get your fill with a family, and you seem to do a better job at it than most. You do well curating your cigar time and enjoyment. I've always thought your approach to cigars is pretty efficient and admirable, in terms of savoring each one and allotting time while being fully willing to keep the hobby in check (not allowing it to become burdensome or to interfere with family, which should take priority).
That's an interesting take and funny, considering my previous comments. You're admiring my take and I'm waxing on about days gone by and my former obsession. I was once your description and I relish the passion and ability to feel that way without pushing something else to the side. I think I just want it all; my current take on things and my past. Basically, I just want the Start trek 26 hour day