Eggzza

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Eggzza

Post by 815DC » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Got a bit creative with the 5cheese frozen puzza i had in the fridge. Put some garlic pepper on it then 1/2 way i took it out and cracked an egg in the center. Top with hot sauce when it came out of the oven. Not too shabby. :D
Attachments
20180209_173412.jpg
20180209_173412.jpg (573.61 KiB) Viewed 12853 times
Why DOES the moon follow the car?

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Eggzza

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:20 am

That's NOT too shabby! I love me some egg on all things savory. Burger, pizza, sushi, YUM!

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

Eggs are a fun concept. They were probably my gateway drug in to cooking. When I was a late teen and had moved into my own place I spent a lot of time making omelets and then scrambles/skillets. Everything would go in there and it eventually started getting a little boring. The output always had a common thread and never seemed fully worth the time to chop all those ingredients or suffer through cheddar cheese that was closer to velveeta than anything remotely cheeselike.
Fast forward to today.
One of my absolutely favorite things to do with eggs is to make French eggs. One of the things that led me down the path of making eggs so often in my teens and twenties was the death of Princess Diana back in 97 (I believe). I can remember being at a babysitting job when it happened and hearing an incredibly odd tidbit of information. She had just come from her last meal at the Ritz Carlton in Paris, having eaten Scrambled Eggs as a dinner.
WTF? I started making eggs because I thought there had to be somethign more to them than I knew as a child. I didn't find out exactly what until many, many years later.
Fast forward to my 35th birthday. My wife and I went to breakfast at a french restaurant right off campus of Wheaton College (yep, same one, Kip). There were "French eggs" on special, "famed for their appearance on the Ritz Carlton menu" I was reminded. I gave them a whirl and was absolutely blown away.
French eggs are 5 ingredients, total. Butter, melted and evaporated, eggs, beaten slightly first then introduced to the pan. Heavy cream, probably a quarter cup per 2 eggs and added just as they begin to set (which are continuously whisked in the pan). Salted liberally, as the cream dulls the intensity of salt and then peppered as they come off the pan and onto the plate. That's it.

They are fucking amazing and unlike any other decadent egg-centric meal I've ever eaten. They may be close to a custard or savory warm panna cotta. The cream makes them congeal while still being independent curds. It's an odd, and somewhat contradictory description. They're not sweet but seem to have an incredible balance from the sweetness of the cream and the salty, savory egg base. They're perfectly balanced and only need good, crisp toast to serve them with. I absolutely love them.

The Ritz was on to something. These are a meal worthy of being served for dinner and requiring only about 10 total minutes to plan, create and clean up. Absolutely worth the unique and delicious result.

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:40 pm

This has nothing to do with eggs on Pizza, but it does involve breakfast items on pizza yielding delicious results.

I did a freezer clear out last week and pooled the resources of a cheese personal size pizza and a maple sausage breakfast patty. The results were amazing! The maple sweetness in the sausage just popped with the pizza. Highly recommend people try it.
Attachments
100_0021.JPG
100_0021.JPG (95.29 KiB) Viewed 12405 times
100_0022.JPG
100_0022.JPG (105.44 KiB) Viewed 12405 times

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:56 pm

815DC wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:40 pm
This has nothing to do with eggs on Pizza, but it does involve breakfast items on pizza yielding delicious results.

I did a freezer clear out last week and pooled the resources of a cheese personal size pizza and a maple sausage breakfast patty. The results were amazing! The maple sweetness in the sausage just popped with the pizza. Highly recommend people try it.
That sounds disgustingly perfect :)

Cabaiguan juan
Churchill

Post by Cabaiguan juan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:10 pm

That is either one small pizza or one large sausage patty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

815DC
Curmudgeon In Training

Post by 815DC » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:56 pm

Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Its one of those small personal pan pizzas. Red baron sells them in a box of 2.

However, any pizza is a personal pan if your sad enough...

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:07 am

815DC wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:56 pm
Cabaiguan juan wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:10 pm

Its one of those small personal pan pizzas. Red baron sells them in a box of 2.

However, any pizza is a personal pan if your sad enough...
Ha! That made me have to clean up some coffee...