Feliz día de acción de gracias

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Feliz día de acción de gracias

Post by Kip » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:55 am

Happy Thanksgiving, gents! I hope your day is filled with food, familly, and gratitude.

We'll be firing up the fryer shortly, with three turkeys queued up. We have indoctrinated a few Dominican families into the celebration, and our gathering is growing. We can get most of the items to replicate a typical traditional American Thanksgiving, but I'd pay good money for a real, fresh sweet potato right about now. That seems to be as rare as hens' teeth. We scrounged some up last year, but they've been elusive this year. Kristi and Connie did some horse-trading with a couple other folks who received some canned ones from the states. We'll see how that goes...

Headed out for some cigars and bubbling oil....
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Feliz día de acción de gracias

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:25 pm

Kip wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:55 am
Happy Thanksgiving, gents! I hope your day is filled with food, familly, and gratitude.

We'll be firing up the fryer shortly, with three turkeys queued up. We have indoctrinated a few Dominican families into the celebration, and our gathering is growing. We can get most of the items to replicate a typical traditional American Thanksgiving, but I'd pay good money for a real, fresh sweet potato right about now. That seems to be as rare as hens' teeth. We scrounged some up last year, but they've been elusive this year. Kristi and Connie did some horse-trading with a couple other folks who received some canned ones from the states. We'll see how that goes...

Headed out for some cigars and bubbling oil....
Have a great day, man. Sounds like a grand time down there. I've been doing more with sweet potatoes the past few months and whipped up some mashed sweet potatoes for today. Plenty o' dentured hens, here...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Seeds! Grow your own! If we get a mule to head down this winter I'll see if I can get you some Sweet Potato seeds to go along with the tomatoes I love.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:49 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:27 pm
Seeds! Grow your own! If we get a mule to head down this winter I'll see if I can get you some Sweet Potato seeds to go along with the tomatoes I love.
Braaaayy!!! Things look good for me to be there mid-January.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.