Roasted...

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Roasted...

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Took advantage of a free morning to rustle up some roasted chicken legs (with bacon laid over the top) and veggies, and whipped up some mashed potatoes with cilantro. I have no interest in white meat from chicken or turkey, so these legs are just fine.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (324.17 KiB) Viewed 10514 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Roasted...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 am

That looks absolutely delicious. I dont' mind white meat for weeknight meals but there's nothing like a long cooked darkmeat piece of fowl that's smokey, bacony or just crisped up to perfection. I've roasted some chickens in the past that have turned up some great thigh meat. Roast whole, pack under the skin with compound butter made from herbs, bacon and, well, butter. take out the backbone and flatten. Holy shitballs its delicious. The butterflied position allows the fat to render much more than it typically would and the compound butter adds a delicious element. Lovely.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Made my first pork belly last night. Skin was a bit hard for my liking; need to change some stuff up, but holy crap is it rich !
ImageImage

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon May 15, 2017 11:34 pm

Good on ya, Zed!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:42 am

I'm with you, Zed. I generally want my skin cut off of the belly. It just gets too hard for my liking. Plus, there's enough fat to render even if you cut a shit ton off the top.

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Thu May 18, 2017 2:23 pm

No no. I liked the skin the next day. It softened up a bunch, and was sooooooooo good pan fried with eggs the next morning for breakfast instead of my usual bacon.
T'was my first time eating this, and had to figure out which way I was going on cooking it. It is different than moat of the stuff I have "cooked" before. Never been huge in the kitchen.