Simple, but mighty good...

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Simple, but mighty good...

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:08 pm

Put some tater slices, red and green sweet peppers, red and yellow onions, some beets, asparagus, jalapenos, and some squares of bacon in a pan, salt and pepper 'em, and throw them in the oven for awhile.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (263.6 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (286.79 KiB) Viewed 10665 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Simple, but mighty good...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Vegetables are just so delicious. I don't think meat even comes close when you consider versatility. Roasting, raw, salads, deep fried, sauteed, pureed. I love it. I've been making my own roasted red pepper hummus for the past few weeks. That's one of my favorite go-tos recently. I might document this weekend's creation.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:01 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:Vegetables are just so delicious. I don't think meat even comes close when you consider versatility. Roasting, raw, salads, deep fried, sauteed, pureed. I love it. I've been making my own roasted red pepper hummus for the past few weeks. That's one of my favorite go-tos recently. I might document this weekend's creation.
Yes! Red (or yellow or green) pepper hummus is awesome. You go, girlfriend! Well, you know...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:06 pm

I didn't make a new batch but will soon. I haven't had a 3# batch last more than a week until this last one. Looks like I'll see how long it lasts this time!

Zedman05
Manitas pequeñas
Manitas pequeñas

Post by Zedman05 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:05 pm

All the recipe stuff is great, but you need time to do these things. When all we do is rush home from work to pick up the kids and get something quick to eat before hockey, almost every day, it makes for very limited cooking..heh.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Zedman05 wrote:All the recipe stuff is great, but you need time to do these things. When all we do is rush home from work to pick up the kids and get something quick to eat before hockey, almost every day, it makes for very limited cooking..heh.
These roasted veggies are a quick prep, tho they take time to roast. They do, however, taste just fine 2-3 days after cooking, so make a big batch and then nuke 'em or throw some back in the oven when you want them.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:48 am

Stewmuse wrote:
Zedman05 wrote:All the recipe stuff is great, but you need time to do these things. When all we do is rush home from work to pick up the kids and get something quick to eat before hockey, almost every day, it makes for very limited cooking..heh.
These roasted veggies are a quick prep, tho they take time to roast. They do, however, taste just fine 2-3 days after cooking, so make a big batch and then nuke 'em or throw some back in the oven when you want them.
I made a soup over the weekend that was getting a little old after the third eating. I threw the leftovers in the blender for a "dip" and plan to eat it with tortilla chips today. Roasted veggies could EASILY be a great spread or dip for lunches too. Salty, charry onion, pepper and jalapeno flavor would be delicious. You can put skates and pads on when it's roasting, too. Eh?