Super Bowl foods?

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Super Bowl foods?

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Decided on simple, but tasty and (mostly) healthy. Went with a "nacho buffet," with a couple kinds of chips, bowl of chorizo, black beans and black olives, avocado and cilantro, a sweet pepper salsa, and red onions and red cabbage. And beer. Duh. Yourselves?
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (202.01 KiB) Viewed 9667 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: Super Bowl foods?

Post by Kip » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:01 am

I was not what you'd call healthy in my selections. We fired up the turkey fryer and had chicken wings - in BBQ, traditional Buffalo sauce, Sweet Thai chile, or Teriyaki.

That was capped off by not even being able to watch the game. We put Nick's projector on my balcony and had about an 8' screen going...and none of the three options we had for streaming would work. Friggin' geo-limited streams knew we were outside the country (even through my VPN), and the other was just overwhelmed with people I suppose. In any event...no game, but the wings were fantastic.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:50 am

A simple Avo, tomato, corn and black bean salad. I tried a little something different and made a vinegrette with the lime. It acted as the vehicle for spice delivery. A little cumin was a surprisingly good additive, without making the dip taste like either an armpit or a taco. Also melted some pimento cheese, mixed with turkey chili, homemade red pepper hummus & veggies and M&Ms. Always M&Ms for the big game.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:A simple Avo, tomato, corn and black bean salad. I tried a little something different and made a vinegrette with the lime. It acted as the vehicle for spice delivery. A little cumin was a surprisingly good additive, without making the dip taste like either an armpit or a taco. Also melted some pimento cheese, mixed with turkey chili, homemade red pepper hummus & veggies and M&Ms. Always M&Ms for the big game.
Peanut or plain?

And how often do you have armpit dip?
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:43 am

Stewmuse wrote:
kurtdesign1 wrote:A simple Avo, tomato, corn and black bean salad. I tried a little something different and made a vinegrette with the lime. It acted as the vehicle for spice delivery. A little cumin was a surprisingly good additive, without making the dip taste like either an armpit or a taco. Also melted some pimento cheese, mixed with turkey chili, homemade red pepper hummus & veggies and M&Ms. Always M&Ms for the big game.
Peanut or plain?

And how often do you have armpit dip?
Always peanut. Always.

The armpit is a natural reservoir for dip delivery. Self flavoring.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:26 am

Peanut = good choice.

Armpit bowl, less so...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.