Spanish Salad

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Spanish Salad

Post by kurtdesign1 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 am

I'm not usually an olive guy but this salad was Fan friggin tastic, even with them.
Potatas Frias (or something like that) is its name and it's traditionally some late night "snack" in spanish dives. I can't really speculate any more than that about its origins but what I can say is that it was a perfect mix of savory, salty & fresh. I want it again tonight!

The salad is Arugala leaves just topped with the other ingredients of:
-Fried artichokes (!!)
-Pan fried yellow potatoes
-feta
-cherry tomatoes
-almonds
-green olives

The dressing was Mayo, white wine vinegar and copious amounts of chipotle powder. What a great unctuous vegetarian salad. I didn't miss meat in the least.
Salad.JPG
Salad.JPG (131.99 KiB) Viewed 2472 times

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Spanish Salad

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:13 pm

That might be all right, altho arugula is only a so-so choice for me. The other parts seems pretty palatable. How much, if at all, do you dissect your artichokes before frying them?
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Spanish Salad

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:08 am

Stewmuse wrote:That might be all right, altho arugula is only a so-so choice for me. The other parts seems pretty palatable. How much, if at all, do you dissect your artichokes before frying them?
These were jarred artichokes so only a simple lengthwise slice to split them down the middle was required. Fry them for 6 minutes in 1/8" of EVOO and you're done. The arugula spice did not come through. Now, I love it typically so perhaps I"m not the best judge. Elly, on the other hand, can take it or leave it. She thought it was fine in here.