Grill revival

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Grill revival

Post by Kip » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:39 am

We've been a grilling family for many years. But, recently we've used it far less than normal - and when we are it's been pretty mundane stuff. I suddenly have a wild hair to go nuts with it, and I'm planning on some serious grilltime in the near future. Pulled pork is a given - because 1.)it's delicious, 2.) NC vinegar sauce, and 3.)it gives me about 14 hours of watching a smoker while doing a good bit of smoking myself.

What other not-so-ordinary ideas should I try before we move out of country? I need to get my fill...I don't know how the grilling situation is going to pan out in the DR. I know they eat quite a bit of goat, but figure I'll have to get creative in my approach to getting my grill fix.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Quikstryke
Capitán Impresionante

Re: Grill revival

Post by Quikstryke » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Bacon lattice covered fatty. Mix a meatloaf of pork beef etc roll it iut in a square and fill center with cheese etc can be anytjing like pizza toppings etc etc. Roll into a log and cover with a bacon lattace then grill or smoke till done.. endless possibilities.. I also smoke flour salt etc and make chocolate chip cookies or a smoked flour chocolate cake. Spare ribs are always a good choice. Beef ribs in a mojo sauce smoked or grilled are good. Smomed Shrimp alfredo.. baked beans. Grilled peaches with vanilla icecream topped with a prach schnapps reduction. While your grillin drink mint lemonade its awesome!!

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:29 pm

That first item sounds like a Bacon Explosion.....which are absolutely delightful

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Oh man, it's not exotic but my favorite of late is Halibut. A quick marinade for 30 minutes prior to grilling creates the perfect fish dish: Olive oil, S&P, fresh herbs and citrus zest. Done.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Well, I don't grill particularly often, and you will mostly see sushi pics from me, but today's offering is lightly grilled swordfish, marinated in rice vinegar and soy sauce, accompanied by veggie roll-ups of red and yellow sweet peppers, hot banana pepper, carrot, and daikon. About 200% healthy... (300% except for the soy sauce).
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (233.84 KiB) Viewed 4736 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:36 am

I really enjoy grilled swordfish. I really need to pick up some rice vinegar. I bet it is delisicous on the fish. I've only grilled SF once this summer but enjoyed it with the same zest, EVOO, S&P and herbs I talked about with the halibut. A true winner. AND the fact that its typically cut into steaks makes it much easier to grill if you're afraid of fish on the barbie.

Coop
Payaso Cigarro

Post by Coop » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 pm

I saw pictures of that Bacon Explosion, and it looked glorious!!!!

I usually do the typical grill food. Burgers, dogs, brats, chicken, ribs... Swordfish sounds interesting. I may need to put some bacon on the fish!!!

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Well, not actual grillin' but I did stick this all up in my grill, so... :) A couple of California rolls and a chirashi salad. Imitation crab, avocadoes, cucumbers, carrots, radish sprouts, masago, cilantro, and side of pickled radish. Light, easy summer yum...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (192.14 KiB) Viewed 4717 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Easy peasy. Grilled shrimp with a light coat of soy sauce and sesame oil.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (175.84 KiB) Viewed 4711 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:12 pm

Pretty simple. Just some potatoes and corn (with husk still on, saturated with water to steam the corn). Gonna add a couple slabs of salmon to the mix. Of course, ya gotta have a good smoke while you're waiting.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (150.6 KiB) Viewed 4676 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.