Who needs fire?

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Who needs fire?

Post by kurtdesign1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:32 pm

As I said before, that's one helluva first attempt at "art". I look forward to the next round of submissions!

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:40 pm

Next submission... Not sure in which order the pics will attach, but this a basic sashmi platter with cucumber slices, tuna, avocado, and salmon; then a plate of seared salmon with rice and wasabe, a dab of spicy mayo, a bit of dried red peppers, and shizo leaf; finally, a plate of (imitation) crab rolls with tobiko (my daughter's personal favorite and tray). For me, the seared salmon was the star!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (234.02 KiB) Viewed 11313 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (207.33 KiB) Viewed 11313 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (227.56 KiB) Viewed 11313 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Post by Kip » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:57 am

I'm so friggin' jealous....of the talent, yes. But just for the ability to have sushi readily available even moreso.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:53 pm

Kip wrote:I'm so friggin' jealous....of the talent, yes. But just for the ability to have sushi readily available even moreso.

Thanks. Of course, you can always move back. Or can you? You might even be welcomed so!
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Kip
International Hillbilly
International Hillbilly

Re: RE: Re: Who needs fire?

Post by Kip » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:57 pm

Stewmuse wrote:
Kip wrote:I'm so friggin' jealous....of the talent, yes. But just for the ability to have sushi readily available even moreso.

Thanks. Of course, you can always move back. Or can you? You might even be welcomed so!
Pretty sure we're where we're supposed to be....and we don't exactly have anything to move back to. Sold our house and most of our stuff, and I've been out of the workforce for over a year now. Who's gonna hire a miscreant like me at this point? :)

White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise....

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: RE: Re: Who needs fire?

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:58 am

Kip wrote:
Stewmuse wrote:

Pretty sure we're where we're supposed to be....and we don't exactly have anything to move back to. Sold our house and most of our stuff, and I've been out of the workforce for over a year now. Who's gonna hire a miscreant like me at this point? :)

Wendy's? McD? A taco truck, maybe...
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:19 am

Into what will this turn???
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (240.33 KiB) Viewed 11229 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Gathering tonight with several buddies at the Humidor in Westmont, IL for another evening of Sushi and Cigars.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (220.16 KiB) Viewed 11227 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (324.54 KiB) Viewed 11227 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (379.01 KiB) Viewed 11227 times
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Post by kurtdesign1 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:27 am

This was one of the most satistying nights of sushi I've ever experienced. The rice was uber flavorful. The Bluefin was 2nd to none. The yellowtail + Cilantro was eye opening and delightful. Mike included a "lox and bagel" roll with smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers, which was devine. His typicals, like bacon & shrimp, california and even just the shrimp sushi were spot on. The only, ONLY, critique I can provide is that I wish some of the shrimp & bacon rolls had more Sriracha. That's it. Everything else was, well, perfect.

Thank you, Mike. I didn't express my enjoyment enough last night. You have outdone yourself.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Post by Stewmuse » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:21 am

kurtdesign1 wrote:This was one of the most satistying nights of sushi I've ever experienced. The rice was uber flavorful. The Bluefin was 2nd to none. The yellowtail + Cilantro was eye opening and delightful. Mike included a "lox and bagel" roll with smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers, which was devine. His typicals, like bacon & shrimp, California roll and even just the shrimp sushi were spot on. The only, ONLY, critique I can provide is that I wish some of the shrimp & bacon rolls had more Sriracha. That's it. Everything else was, well, perfect.

Thank you, Mike. I didn't express my enjoyment enough last night. You have outdone yourself.
Oh, you expressed yourself fine, thank you. And you are correct about the bacon/shrimp roll. It's always my pleasure to "host" these gatherings.
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.