Cuban Recipes

Pics and recipes...show off your latest creations.
kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Cuban Recipes

Post by kurtdesign1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:24 am

As most of you know, my mom is Cuban and I have grown up with (variations) of Cuban food my whole life. One thing we've done is to make a traditional (in spirit) "Noche Buena" meal of roast pork and 'Moros y Cristianos' (Black beans and rice). I'll share these incredibly simple recipes with some pics from the past week in the hope that you all can enjoy a variation of this very flavorful & hearty holiday meal. Sound ok? On a different night I also tried my hand at Sushi and maki rolls. Let's just say I have more respect for Michael now.

I know we have the "grillin..." thread but despite not typically cookin on the old Weber, these dishes deserve to be shared.

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor

Re: Cuban Recipes

Post by Stewmuse » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:52 pm

kurtdesign1 wrote:I'll share these incredibly simple recipes with some pics from the past week in the hope that you all can enjoy a variation of this very flavorful & hearty holiday meal. Sound ok? On a different night I also tried my hand at Sushi and maki rolls. Let's just say I have more respect for Michael now.
Someday, and the sooner the better for your sake, you will realize the folly in underestimating my powers...

:geek:
StewMuse
Stay smokey, my friends.

kurtdesign1
Not a potted meat guy...
Not a potted meat guy...

Re: Cuban Recipes

Post by kurtdesign1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Lol. You're such a dork.

You've been Tapatalk'd

Stewmuse
Horn Tootin' Torcedor